Error

Barbara

Error
I am trying to download Windows update and get some updates were not installed
restart now to dinish installing updates
succeeded:6 updates
failed: 1 update
error found
Code 8024002D
Windows can't important files and services while the system is using them
Save any open files and then restart the computer

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance
Rick Rogers

Re: Error
Hi Barbara,

Windows Update Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab0

Click at upper right to contact a support professional (it's free).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Barbara" <Barbara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to download Windows update and get some updates were not
>installed
> restart now to dinish installing updates
> succeeded:6 updates
> failed: 1 update
> error found
> Code 8024002D
> Windows can't important files and services while the system is using them
> Save any open files and then restart the computer
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance

HeathersBlooming

RE: Error 8024002D
I'm having the same exact problem and it's driving me NUTS! I wish someone
would come up with a solution and help us out.
--
I''m too old for this!

"Barbara" wrote:

> I am trying to download Windows update and get some updates were not installed
> restart now to dinish installing updates
> succeeded:6 updates
> failed: 1 update
> error found
> Code 8024002D
> Windows can't important files and services while the system is using them
> Save any open files and then restart the computer
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance

Rick Rogers

Re: Error 8024002D
Windows Update support:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wupd/en-us#tab0

--

"HeathersBlooming" <HeathersBlooming@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:6EDF06AE-63B0-425E-9A0C-9A5C22C6B434@microsoft.com...
> I'm having the same exact problem and it's driving me NUTS! I wish
> someone
> would come up with a solution and help us out.
> --
> I''m too old for this!
>

> "Barbara" wrote:
>
>> I am trying to download Windows update and get some updates were not
>> installed
>> restart now to dinish installing updates
>> succeeded:6 updates
>> failed: 1 update
>> error found
>> Code 8024002D
>> Windows can't important files and services while the system is using them
>> Save any open files and then restart the computer
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance

Paul Montgomery

Re: Error 8024002D
On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:53:05 -0700, HeathersBlooming
<HeathersBlooming@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm having the same exact problem and it's driving me NUTS! I wish someone
>would come up with a solution and help us out.

The help you asked for was in the post by Rick Rogers in that rather
old thread.

http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab0'
Sparky007

RE: Error
Hi Barbara,

I have just tried to install the update "Update for Microsoft Works 8
(KB955428)", and after restarting my computer because it stated

'Windows can't important files and services while the system is using them
Save any open files and then restart the computer', but after this I found
the following the update hadn't really installed because it was trying to
find an "MSI file in the following location:

C:\windows\OEM\mp\softsource\WKS85\

But when I checked this location I found that the directory did not exist!
Is anybody who may be reading this, getting the same outcome? Place a message
if the answers is yes.

Anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening? Can you find the
aforementioned directory/subdirectory on your computers hard drive, if the
answer is "Yes", please place a message. If no, then we have to give
Microsoft a kick where it hurts, until they come up with a solution!! I even
grabbed the screen, showing the dialogue box, but I do not know if I can
paste it into this window. I'll try anything once. That didn't work , due to
software limitations!!

Does anybody agree?

Thanks for your time,

Sparky007

Download size: 1.8 MB

Update type: Important

A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Works 8 that could allow
arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened. This update
resolves that vulnerability.

More information:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS08-044.mspx

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6528
installed the

"Barbara" wrote:

> I am trying to download Windows update and get some updates were not installed
> restart now to dinish installing updates
> succeeded:6 updates
> failed: 1 update
> error found
> Code 8024002D
> Windows can't important files and services while the system is using them
> Save any open files and then restart the computer
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance

eddy

RE: Error
hey sparky007,

i have the same problem,when i buy my pc there whas no dvd or cdrom by with
software,everything stay already on pc,now with this update he ask dvd from
works8 i not have so what must we do on it???
hope somebody can help us with this.
greetz Eddy,

"Sparky007" wrote:

> Hi Barbara,
>
> I have just tried to install the update "Update for Microsoft Works 8
> (KB955428)", and after restarting my computer because it stated
>
> 'Windows can't important files and services while the system is using them
> Save any open files and then restart the computer', but after this I found
> the following the update hadn't really installed because it was trying to
> find an "MSI file in the following location:
>
> C:\windows\OEM\mp\softsource\WKS85\
>
> But when I checked this location I found that the directory did not exist!
> Is anybody who may be reading this, getting the same outcome? Place a message
> if the answers is yes.
>
> Anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening? Can you find the
> aforementioned directory/subdirectory on your computers hard drive, if the
> answer is "Yes", please place a message. If no, then we have to give
> Microsoft a kick where it hurts, until they come up with a solution!! I even
> grabbed the screen, showing the dialogue box, but I do not know if I can
> paste it into this window. I'll try anything once. That didn't work , due to
> software limitations!!
>
> Does anybody agree?
>
> Thanks for your time,
>

> Sparky007
>
> Download size: 1.8 MB
>
> Update type: Important
>
> A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Works 8 that could allow
> arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened. This update
> resolves that vulnerability.
>
> More information:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS08-044.mspx
>
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6528
> installed the
>
> "Barbara" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to download Windows update and get some updates were not installed
> > restart now to dinish installing updates
> > succeeded:6 updates
> > failed: 1 update
> > error found
> > Code 8024002D
> > Windows can't important files and services while the system is using them
> > Save any open files and then restart the computer
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance

Butch

RE: Error 8024002D
I am having the same problem with Error 8024002D when receiving updates from
Microsoft. When you go to their Help & Support area for "HELP" there isnt
any. Has anyone come up with any solutions to this problem, because Microsoft
cant help

"HeathersBlooming" wrote:

> I'm having the same exact problem and it's driving me NUTS! I wish someone
> would come up with a solution and help us out.
> --
> I''m too old for this!
>

> "Barbara" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to download Windows update and get some updates were not installed
> > restart now to dinish installing updates
> > succeeded:6 updates
> > failed: 1 update
> > error found
> > Code 8024002D
> > Windows can't important files and services while the system is using them
> > Save any open files and then restart the computer
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance

Paul Montgomery

Re: Error 8024002D
On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 00:55:00 -0700, Butch
<Butch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am having the same problem with Error 8024002D when receiving updates from
>Microsoft. When you go to their Help & Support area for "HELP" there isnt
>any. Has anyone come up with any solutions to this problem, because Microsoft
>cant help

Post your problem in the area where the Windows Update experts roam:

Phil

RE: Error
I am having exactly the same problem with the MS Works 8 update. It seems
that MS haven't come up with a solution too it even though it has been in the
system for quite some time. Wake up at the back:-)