xxwwx.dll

SpikeDelight

xxwwx.dll
Hi

My McAffee keeps popping up and saying that a file called xxwwx.dll is a
trojan and is causing problems. I can't delete it from McAffee and if I try
to delete it from system32 it says I don't have permission to do that. Now
when I try to open anything using explorer.exe like My Computer or My Music
that window immediately freezes and I have to restart or close Windows
Explorer. Does anyone know how I can fix this explorer problem and/or how I
can somehow get around this permission thing with xxwwx? (I am an
Administrator) Thank you.
Spirit

Re: xxwwx.dll
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...p/t101934.html

"SpikeDelight" <SpikeDelight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:882392D4-F2B4-45DC-A4E2-36663BAE64AC@microsoft.com...
> Hi
>
> My McAffee keeps popping up and saying that a file called xxwwx.dll is a
> trojan and is causing problems. I can't delete it from McAffee and if I try
> to delete it from system32 it says I don't have permission to do that. Now
> when I try to open anything using explorer.exe like My Computer or My Music
> that window immediately freezes and I have to restart or close Windows
> Explorer. Does anyone know how I can fix this explorer problem and/or how I
> can somehow get around this permission thing with xxwwx? (I am an
> Administrator) Thank you.

Robert Hankins

Re: xxwwx.dll
Try running Diskcheck. My Computer\ C drive\properties\tools\diskchek.
Check both boxes relating to fixing all errors.

Mick Murphy

RE: xxwwx.dll
Reboot your computer, and tap F8 right at startup/power on, and go into Safe
Mode.

Re-run your Anti-virus there, to remove the trojan.
In safe mode, windows is barely running, so, you can delete the rogue problem.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia