Back up Drive

Texsis

Back up Drive
My back up drive is full. I transferred it all to my jump drive. So now is
it ok to clear my back up drive, so I may back up my current C drive?
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Back up Drive
"Texsis" <Texsis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My back up drive is full. I transferred it all to my jump drive. So now
> is
> it ok to clear my back up drive, so I may back up my current C drive?

It is not a good idea to entrust a jump drive to keep safe all of your
backups.

What size is your backup drive? Is it a partition within your boot drive?

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Texsis

Re: Back up Drive
Yes it is within my boot drive and it is showing 10GB with my main showing
back up failure due to insufficient room. So can I make the Back up lareger
using storage management? Thanks for the reply

newsBFF72A4-61FC-416F-8150-D6D2213A043C@microsoft.com...
> Yes it is within my boot drive and it is showing 10GB with my main showing
> back up failure due to insufficient room. So can I make the Back up
> lareger
> using storage management? Thanks for the reply
>
> "Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:
>
>> "Texsis" <Texsis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My back up drive is full. I transferred it all to my jump drive. So
>> > now
>> > is
>> > it ok to clear my back up drive, so I may back up my current C drive?

>> It is not a good idea to entrust a jump drive to keep safe all of your
>> backups.
>>
>> What size is your backup drive? Is it a partition within your boot drive?
>>

>> --
>> Mike Hall - MVP
>> How to construct a good post..
>> http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
>> How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
>> Mike's Window - My Blog..
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx

Your 'backup' drive is the OEM recovery partition, and exists such that you
can do a recovery, sometimes only a destructive recovery depending upon
manufacturer.

You should NOT be backing up or saving ANYTHING to that drive.

If you want to back up properly, you should buy an external USB hard drive
and Acronis TrueImage, OR buy a complete 'one touch' external backup
solution.

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..