3rd time asking ( I'm a persistent sob )

t-4-2

3rd time asking ( I'm a persistent sob )

Hello Everyone,
Someone got to know the answer. I reaaly want to erase the 3 "unknown
user profiles" ( see screenshot below )

3701

The computer was given to me by my son. He bought it brand new, and
couldn't tell me anything about those 3 profiles.
I want to get rid of them. If not possible, at least someone tell me
how did those 3 come to being ???
My limited understanding of this matter is that those 3 profiles were
from user accounts which were since removed. BUT don't they( the
profiles) also got removed at the same time accounts were removed ??

|Filename: Capture.JPG |
|Download: http://vista64.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3701|

t-4-2
Malke

Re: 3rd time asking ( I'm a persistent sob )
t-4-2 wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
> Someone got to know the answer. I reaaly want to erase the 3 "unknown
> user profiles" ( see screenshot below )
>
> 3701
>

> The computer was given to me by my son. He bought it brand new, and
> couldn't tell me anything about those 3 profiles.
> I want to get rid of them. If not possible, at least someone tell me
> how did those 3 come to being ???
> My limited understanding of this matter is that those 3 profiles were
> from user accounts which were since removed. BUT don't they( the
> profiles) also got removed at the same time accounts were removed ??

> |Filename: Capture.JPG |
> |Download: http://vista64.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3701|

When I go to that link, I get a message saying that I need to join in order
to see the content. I'm not going to do this. I'm also not going to
download anything from an unknown source, even though I don't run Windows
on this machine.

If you have user profiles on a "brand new" machine that didn't belong to
your son or the System, then the machine wasn't "brand new" and you should
do a clean install of Vista. That's the smartest thing for you to do in any
case.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
t-4-2

Malke;701448 Wrote:
> t-4-2 wrote:
> > > >

> > > Hello Everyone,
> > > Someone got to know the answer. I reaaly want to erase the 3 "unknown
> > > user profiles" ( see screenshot below )
> > >
> > > 3701
> > >

> > > The computer was given to me by my son. He bought it brand new, and
> > > couldn't tell me anything about those 3 profiles.
> > > I want to get rid of them. If not possible, at least someone tell me
> > > how did those 3 come to being ???
> > > My limited understanding of this matter is that those 3 profiles were
> > > from user accounts which were since removed. BUT don't they( the
> > > profiles) also got removed at the same time accounts were removed ??
> > >

> > > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
> > > |Filename: Capture.JPG |

> > http://vista64.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3701|
> > > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
> > > > >

> When I go to that link, I get a message saying that I need to join in
> order
> to see the content. I'm not going to do this. I'm also not going to
> download anything from an unknown source, even though I don't run
> Windows
> on this machine.
>
> If you have user profiles on a "brand new" machine that didn't belong
> your son or the System, then the machine wasn't "brand new" and you
> should
> do a clean install of Vista. That's the smartest thing for you to do
> in any
> case.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> 'index' (http://www.elephantboycomputers.com)
> Don't Panic!

Hello Malke,
I didn't give any link, just a screenshot of the user profile to
illustrate what I mean.Here is the screenshot again.

3702

|Filename: user profile.JPG |
|Download: http://vista64.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3702|

t-4-2 wrote:

> Hello Malke,
> I didn't give any link, just a screenshot of the user profile to
> illustrate what I mean.Here is the screenshot again.

As a courtesy to you, I went to that link again (and of course you gave a
link to the screenshot, else how would you expect anyone to see it?). Again
I get this message:

*****
You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page.
This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and
try again.
2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you
trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some
other privileged system?
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your
account, or it may be awaiting activation.
*****

And again I say to you that I'm not going to join any forum to look at a
screenshot. Either put the screenshot up on a different server that doesn't
require membership or use words to describe the different user accounts
that you see.

If those user accounts aren't built-in system accounts, then my advice to
you is going to be the same anyway: do a clean install of Windows.

Malke

Malke;701716 Wrote:
> t-4-2 wrote:
> > > >
> > > Hello Malke,
> > > I didn't give any link, just a screenshot of the user profile to
> > > illustrate what I mean.Here is the screenshot again. > >

> As a courtesy to you, I went to that link again (and of course you
> gave a
> link to the screenshot, else how would you expect anyone to see it?).
> Again
> I get this message:
>
> *****
> You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this
> page.
> This could be due to one of several reasons:
>
> 1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page
> and
> try again.
> 2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are
> you
> trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or
> some
> other privileged system?
> 3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled
> your
> account, or it may be awaiting activation.
> *****
>
> And again I say to you that I'm not going to join any forum to look
> at a
> screenshot. Either put the screenshot up on a different server that
> doesn't
> require membership or use words to describe the different user
> accounts
> that you see.
>
> If those user accounts aren't built-in system accounts, then my
> advice to
> you is going to be the same anyway: do a clean install of Windows.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> 'index' (http://www.elephantboycomputers.com)
> Don't Panic!

Hello Malke,
Thank you for your patience. I'm perplexed! I gave screenshots many,
many times. What happened to you never happened before. I gave a
screenshot of my WLM window to one of the moderators who answered my
post, and he got it alright. That's very strange. I'm using copy/paste.
Do you see it now?

[image:
http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.p...&d=1209798257]

--
t-4-2
Jim Orson

"t-4-2" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Malke;701716 Wrote:

>> As a courtesy to you, I went to that link again (and of course you
>> gave a
>> link to the screenshot, else how would you expect anyone to see it?).
>> Again
>> I get this message:
>>
>> *****
>> You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this
>> page.
>> This could be due to one of several reasons:
>>
>> 1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page
>> and
>> try again.
>> 2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are
>> you
>> trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or
>> some
>> other privileged system?
>> 3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled
>> your
>> account, or it may be awaiting activation.
>> *****
>>
>> And again I say to you that I'm not going to join any forum to look
>> at a
>> screenshot. Either put the screenshot up on a different server that
>> doesn't
>> require membership or use words to describe the different user
>> accounts
>> that you see.
>>
>> If those user accounts aren't built-in system accounts, then my
>> advice to
>> you is going to be the same anyway: do a clean install of Windows.
>>
>> Malke
>> --
>> MS-MVP
>> Elephant Boy Computers
>> 'index' (http://www.elephantboycomputers.com)
>> Don't Panic!

> Hello Malke,
> Thank you for your patience. I'm perplexed! I gave screenshots many,
> many times. What happened to you never happened before. I gave a
> screenshot of my WLM window to one of the moderators who answered my
> post, and he got it alright. That's very strange. I'm using copy/paste.
> Do you see it now?
>

> [image:
> http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.p...&d=1209798257]
>

> --
> t-4-2

Well, I have to tell you that your past posts with screenshots have always
required joining a group (which I will also not do) just like Malke has
described.

t-4-2

Jim Orson;701871 Wrote:
> "t-4-2" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
> news:6d569c6c4ce2f435f5b40b2e548b5e19@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >
> > >
> > > Malke;701716 Wrote:
> > > Hello Malke,
> > > Thank you for your patience. I'm perplexed! I gave screenshots many,
> > > many times. What happened to you never happened before. I gave a
> > > screenshot of my WLM window to one of the moderators who answered my
> > > post, and he got it alright. That's very strange. I'm using

> > copy/paste.
> > > Do you see it now?
> > >

> > > [image:
> > >

> > http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.p...&d=1209798257]
> > >

> > > --
> > > t-4-2 > >

> Well, I have to tell you that your past posts with screenshots have
> always
> required joining a group (which I will also not do) just like Malke
> has
> described.

Really ? I had no idea! How do I change that? Any suggestion?
Also, did the copy/paste work? Do you see my "user profile window" ?

Jim Orson wrote:

>> Hello Malke,
>> Thank you for your patience. I'm perplexed! I gave screenshots many,
>> many times. What happened to you never happened before. I gave a
>> screenshot of my WLM window to one of the moderators who answered my
>> post, and he got it alright. That's very strange. I'm using copy/paste.
>> Do you see it now?
>>

>> [image:
>> http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.p...&d=1209798257]
>>

>> --
>> t-4-2

> Well, I have to tell you that your past posts with screenshots have always
> required joining a group (which I will also not do) just like Malke has
> described.

Thanks, Mr. Orson. This way I know I'm not losing my mind (well, not over
*this* anyway!).

To "t-4-2" - The reason you aren't asked to join is because you already have
a membership to that particular website and your browser remembers this.
Going further with the screenshots is obviously fruitless. Simply *type*
the names of the user accounts you see into your next post. I'll give this
thread one more look for that information. If I don't see it, I'm out of
here.

Again: When you receive a used computer, no matter from whom, it is best
practice to do a clean install of Windows. Really. End of story.

Malke

Malke;701906 Wrote:
> Jim Orson wrote:
> > > >

> > > Well, I have to tell you that your past posts with screenshots have

> > always
> > > required joining a group (which I will also not do) just like Malke

> > has
> > > described. > >

> Thanks, Mr. Orson. This way I know I'm not losing my mind (well, not
> over
> *this* anyway!).
>
> To "t-4-2" - The reason you aren't asked to join is because you
> already have
> a membership to that particular website and your browser remembers
> this.
> Going further with the screenshots is obviously fruitless. Simply
> *type*
> the names of the user accounts you see into your next post. I'll give
> this
> thread one more look for that information. If I don't see it, I'm out
> of
> here.
>
> Again: When you receive a used computer, no matter from whom, it is
> best
> practice to do a clean install of Windows. Really. End of story.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> 'index' (http://www.elephantboycomputers.com)
> Don't Panic!

Hello Malke,
Sorry to take up so much of your time. I copied the profile into the
notepad, and I'm now copy/paste to this post. Hope it works this time.

Name Size Type Status Mo...
ACCount Unknown 87.2MB Local Local 4/
Account Unknown 233MB Local Local 4/
Account Unknown 84.5MB Local Local 4/
DJCH\Administrator 82.3MB Local Local 4/
DJCH\t-4-2 5.03MB Local Local 4/

[ Delete ] [ Copy To...]

** the " delete" and "copy to" buttons are greyed out **

Sorry it's crooked. My original is not crooked.

--
t-4-2
SG

Re: 3rd time asking ( I'm a persistent sob )
t-4-2

Try
www.imageshack.us

Even though it ask for your email you DO NOT have to put in anything. Just
upload your pictures and at the bottom copy/paste the the direct link.

--
All the best,
SG

Is your computer system ready for Vista?
https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/