Help won't let me delete a directory

Jackie Lamorie

Help won't let me delete a directory
I tried a program for backup. Don't know what it did. It never made a backup
that was correct.

The problem is now there is a directory on my F drive which is an external
hard drive that I can not delete. There are 3 directories under it that I
can't either. The message I get is "Error 0x80070570 The file or directory
is corrupted and unreadable. I have ran chkdsk on the drive, I ran defrag.
Nothing will let me get rid of this directory. Any suggestions.

Thanks for any and all help.

Jackie

TaurArian

Re: Help won't let me delete a directory
Use at yor own risk:
http://www.purgeie.com/delinv/index.htm

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Jackie Lamorie" <jlamorie@earthlink.net> wrote in message
|I tried a program for backup. Don't know what it did. It never made a backup
| that was correct.
|
| The problem is now there is a directory on my F drive which is an external
| hard drive that I can not delete. There are 3 directories under it that I
| can't either. The message I get is "Error 0x80070570 The file or directory
| is corrupted and unreadable. I have ran chkdsk on the drive, I ran defrag.
| Nothing will let me get rid of this directory. Any suggestions.
|
| Thanks for any and all help.
|
| Jackie

t-4-2

Jackie Lamorie;701270 Wrote:
> I tried a program for backup. Don't know what it did. It never made a
> backup
> that was correct.
>
> The problem is now there is a directory on my F drive which is an
> external
> hard drive that I can not delete. There are 3 directories under it that
> can't either. The message I get is "Error 0x80070570 The file or
> directory
> is corrupted and unreadable. I have ran chkdsk on the drive, I ran
> defrag.
> Nothing will let me get rid of this directory. Any suggestions.
>
> Thanks for any and all help.
>
> Jackie

Hello Jackie,
What method or procedures you used trying to delete the directories?

--
t-4-2
Jackie Lamorie

Re: Help won't let me delete a directory
Hi There,

So far I have went to it clicked I said delete. That is when the error
message comes. I went to safe mode but because it is an external drive it
doesn't show up when I do that. I ran chkdsk and have defragged. It just
won't go away. Any help you can be I really appreciate.

Thanks
Jackie

"t-4-2" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Jackie Lamorie;701270 Wrote:
>> I tried a program for backup. Don't know what it did. It never made a
>> backup
>> that was correct.
>>
>> The problem is now there is a directory on my F drive which is an
>> external
>> hard drive that I can not delete. There are 3 directories under it that
>> can't either. The message I get is "Error 0x80070570 The file or
>> directory
>> is corrupted and unreadable. I have ran chkdsk on the drive, I ran
>> defrag.
>> Nothing will let me get rid of this directory. Any suggestions.
>>
>> Thanks for any and all help.
>>
>> Jackie

> Hello Jackie,
> What method or procedures you used trying to delete the directories?
>

> --
> t-4-2

t-4-2

Jackie Lamorie;701853 Wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> So far I have went to it clicked I said delete. That is when the error
> message comes. I went to safe mode but because it is an external drive
> it
> doesn't show up when I do that. I ran chkdsk and have defragged. It
> just
> won't go away. Any help you can be I really appreciate.
>
> Thanks
> Jackie
>
> "t-4-2" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
> news:ad380c3be70aae3eb988c1c2f28cb112@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >
> > >
> > > Jackie Lamorie;701270 Wrote:
> > > Hello Jackie,
> > > What method or procedures you used trying to delete the directories?
> > >

> > > --
> > > t-4-2 > >

Hello ackie,
Found this from Knowledge Base. Try the link below don't let what
the link says deter you. Click it and read the page carefully. It
contains Symptom, Resolution, Hotfix etc.

'On a Windows Vista-based computer, you cannot view the pop-up menu
when you try to access a DVD-VR format DVD that was created by using a
consumer electronics DVD recorder'
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942365/en-us)

--
t-4-2
Lester Stiefel

Jackie Lamorie wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> So far I have went to it clicked I said delete. That is when the error
> message comes. I went to safe mode but because it is an external drive it
> doesn't show up when I do that. I ran chkdsk and have defragged. It just
> won't go away. Any help you can be I really appreciate.
>
> Thanks
> Jackie
>
> "t-4-2" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Jackie Lamorie;701270 Wrote:
>>> I tried a program for backup. Don't know what it did. It never made a
>>> backup
>>> that was correct.
>>>
>>> The problem is now there is a directory on my F drive which is an
>>> external
>>> hard drive that I can not delete. There are 3 directories under it that
>>> can't either. The message I get is "Error 0x80070570 The file or
>>> directory
>>> is corrupted and unreadable. I have ran chkdsk on the drive, I ran
>>> defrag.
>>> Nothing will let me get rid of this directory. Any suggestions.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any and all help.
>>>
>>> Jackie

>> Hello Jackie,
>> What method or procedures you used trying to delete the directories?
>>

>> --
>> t-4-2

Do you have any other data stored on that drive. If not,
try formatting the drive, and see what comes up. If the
drive is a USB drive, try rerouting the cable so it doesn't
go through any other cables such as power (that can corrupt
data transfer really easily).

--
Visit Family Radio Today
http://www.familyradio.com/
Jackie Lamorie

Re: Help won't let me delete a directory
Hi, Thanks for your reply,

Ok, What I have is a Maxtor 100 gig external harddrive. Not quite sure how
to format it. Do I just go to computer and then click format and then it
should get rid of all those undeletable files and be ready to use again. I
worry a little bit of knowledge can make me dangerous. I got in to this
trouble because I thought I know more than I do.

If what I say above makes sense let me know and I will format. will not do
anything till I hear.

Thanks for your help.

Jackie
"Lester Stiefel" <les7954@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Jackie Lamorie wrote:
>> Hi There,
>>
>> So far I have went to it clicked I said delete. That is when the error
>> message comes. I went to safe mode but because it is an external drive it
>> doesn't show up when I do that. I ran chkdsk and have defragged. It just
>> won't go away. Any help you can be I really appreciate.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jackie
>>
>> "t-4-2" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

>>> Hello Jackie,
>>> What method or procedures you used trying to delete the directories?
>>>

>>> --
>>> t-4-2

> Do you have any other data stored on that drive. If not, try formatting
> the drive, and see what comes up. If the drive is a USB drive, try
> rerouting the cable so it doesn't go through any other cables such as
> power (that can corrupt data transfer really easily).
>
> --
> Visit Family Radio Today
> http://www.familyradio.com/

t-4-2

Re: Help won't let me delete a directory

Jackie Lamorie;701270 Wrote:
> I tried a program for backup. Don't know what it did. It never made a
> backup
> that was correct.
>
> The problem is now there is a directory on my F drive which is an
> external
> hard drive that I can not delete. There are 3 directories under it that
> can't either. The message I get is "Error 0x80070570 The file or
> directory
> is corrupted and unreadable. I have ran chkdsk on the drive, I ran
> defrag.
> Nothing will let me get rid of this directory. Any suggestions.
>
> Thanks for any and all help.
>
> Jackie

'ImageGrotto: Free Image and Screenshot Hosting'
(http://imagegrotto.com/view-0x80070570_error10398.JPG)
If you are interested, go back to the link I gave you in my earlier
reply. A hotfix is offered from that link. ( Not this link. This is just
a link for a screenshot ).

--
t-4-2