Vista 64 bit no longer boots

Dave Spencer

Vista 64 bit no longer boots
After using Vista Home Premium for a few weeks 64 bit ,it will no longer
bootup. I get the error autochk program not found skipping Autocheck. The
system then tries to reboot. I boot up using the Windows cd,I get the option
to repair ,but get the message "cannot repair automatically".When I try to
reinstall new I can't because I do't have enough space.Any clues for me?
--
Dave L. S.
Richard G. Harper

Re: Vista 64 bit no longer boots
Sounds as if your hard drive is failing or has failed. If you are not
skilled at hardware troubleshooting it would pay to find someone who is and
enlist their assistance.

"Dave Spencer" <DaveSpencer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After using Vista Home Premium for a few weeks 64 bit ,it will no longer
> bootup. I get the error autochk program not found skipping Autocheck. The
> system then tries to reboot. I boot up using the Windows cd,I get the
> option
> to repair ,but get the message "cannot repair automatically".When I try to
> reinstall new I can't because I do't have enough space.Any clues for me?
> --
> Dave L. S.

Dave Spencer

Re: Vista 64 bit no longer boots
It is possible but in a second partition I can still boot into Windows XP
--
Dave L. S.

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> Sounds as if your hard drive is failing or has failed. If you are not
> skilled at hardware troubleshooting it would pay to find someone who is and
> enlist their assistance.

> "Dave Spencer" <DaveSpencer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After using Vista Home Premium for a few weeks 64 bit ,it will no longer
> > bootup. I get the error autochk program not found skipping Autocheck. The
> > system then tries to reboot. I boot up using the Windows cd,I get the
> > option
> > to repair ,but get the message "cannot repair automatically".When I try to
> > reinstall new I can't because I do't have enough space.Any clues for me?
> > --
> > Dave L. S.

Dave Spencer

Re: Vista 64 bit no longer boots
I am now able to boot into Vista 64bit. I was freeing up space to try to
reinstall Vista completely by uninstalling programs (I dual boot into XP on a
second partition).I also disabled Norton goback which took quite awhile to
get rid of thee restore points. When it finally finished the computer
rebooted into Vista???.I then used a utility to completly check the hard
drive (Seatools)and it found no errors.I have no idea which uninstall finally
did the trick, but I strongly suspect Goback.
--
Dave L. S.