Blue Screen

Rosie1

Blue Screen
New computer with asus P5W DH Deluxe mb, Core2 Extreme Q6850 chip and Vista
Ultimate. When first starting computer for day, runs post, microsoft bar
shows and screen freezes blank for approx ten mins, then Vista loads but
embedded network adapters don't initialise and no Internet connection. I
restart, and all goes well including network adapters initialising and an
Internet connection. Avenues lead to the need for a bios update (which
unfortunately is a beta at present). However, have also been getting the
following message, so before taking any drastic measures, am trying to
decipher what this means, having little IT knowledge:

"Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown

Problem signature
Problem event name: blue screen
OS Version: 6.0.6000...
Locale ID: 2057

Additonal info about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 0000001B
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 820A90AB
OS Version 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 2...

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini042608-01.dmp
C:\Users\R...\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-2998869-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\R...\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1851.tmp.versi on.txt

Apologies for 'war and peace', but wonder if anyone has experienced similar
situation and managed to remedy.

Grateful for any advice.

Rgds

Rosie
Malke

Re: Blue Screen
Rosie1 wrote:

> New computer with asus P5W DH Deluxe mb, Core2 Extreme Q6850 chip and
> Vista
> Ultimate. When first starting computer for day, runs post, microsoft bar
> shows and screen freezes blank for approx ten mins, then Vista loads but
> embedded network adapters don't initialise and no Internet connection. I
> restart, and all goes well including network adapters initialising and an
> Internet connection. Avenues lead to the need for a bios update (which
> unfortunately is a beta at present). However, have also been getting the
> following message, so before taking any drastic measures, am trying to
> decipher what this means, having little IT knowledge:
>
> "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown
>
> Problem signature
> Problem event name: blue screen
> OS Version: 6.0.6000...
> Locale ID: 2057
>
> Additonal info about the problem:
> BCCode: a
> BCP1: 00000000
> BCP2: 0000001B
> BCP3: 00000000
> BCP4: 820A90AB
> OS Version 6_0_6000
> Service Pack: 0_0
> Product: 2...

New computer with bootup problems = contact the computer mftr.'s tech
support immediately. If they suggest a BIOS update (and quite a few Asus
owners have benefited from a BIOS update), then do it. But let *them* make
the suggestion. Or return the computer for repair/replacement under
warranty.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
scrooge

Re: Blue Screen

sounds like something wrong with your network drivers . goto asus web
site and download the latest drivers for network. uninstall your old
drivers and reboot the system.
when the system restarts it will look for the drivers. select the path
to the drivers and install them.then reboot and see if that helps.
scrooge

--
scrooge
Rosie1

Re: Blue Screen

"Malke" wrote:

> Rosie1 wrote:
>
> > New computer with asus P5W DH Deluxe mb, Core2 Extreme Q6850 chip and
> > Vista
> > Ultimate. When first starting computer for day, runs post, microsoft bar
> > shows and screen freezes blank for approx ten mins, then Vista loads but
> > embedded network adapters don't initialise and no Internet connection. I
> > restart, and all goes well including network adapters initialising and an
> > Internet connection. Avenues lead to the need for a bios update (which
> > unfortunately is a beta at present). However, have also been getting the
> > following message, so before taking any drastic measures, am trying to
> > decipher what this means, having little IT knowledge:
> >
> > "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown
> >
> > Problem signature
> > Problem event name: blue screen
> > OS Version: 6.0.6000...
> > Locale ID: 2057
> >
> > Additonal info about the problem:
> > BCCode: a
> > BCP1: 00000000
> > BCP2: 0000001B
> > BCP3: 00000000
> > BCP4: 820A90AB
> > OS Version 6_0_6000
> > Service Pack: 0_0
> > Product: 2...

> New computer with bootup problems = contact the computer mftr.'s tech
> support immediately. If they suggest a BIOS update (and quite a few Asus
> owners have benefited from a BIOS update), then do it. But let *them* make
> the suggestion. Or return the computer for repair/replacement under
> warranty.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!

Hi,

Thx so for the response. Didn't think my post got thru.

Yes, my sentiments entirely. They have made the suggestion, but not advised
what version. Been on to asus mb site and they have been really supportive.
asus, themselves, don't go into any great detail. They suggest the latest
version for a particular mb (beta in my case), but turns out the chipset
isn't ideally applicable. I wish the comp manufacturer would do their
homework. Trouble is, if the computer is returned, they don't have the
reputation for quick service. Not doing well in the 'support' dept either!

Really grateful.

Rgds

Rosie
Rosie1

Re: Blue Screen

"scrooge" wrote:

> sounds like something wrong with your network drivers . goto asus web
> site and download the latest drivers for network. uninstall your old
> drivers and reboot the system.
> when the system restarts it will look for the drivers. select the path
> to the drivers and install them.then reboot and see if that helps.
> scrooge
>

> --
> scrooge

Hi scrooge,

Thx for response. Yes, I've tried this but hasn't made an impact. I
suspect it's the bios or Vista. Once I get the ok from the comp
manufacturer, I'll go down this route.

Hopefully it will resolve sooner rather than later, as I fear the situation
is deteriorating.

Grateful for your help.

Rgds

Rosie