> When viewing web pages or docs, screen just begins scrolling up and down
> at random. I have to park mouse pointer on system tray or at top of sceen
> to stop. Tried new mouse but prob still there. Any help grateful
Since you've given us no information about your computer or whether this is
a new problem or if Vista came preinstalled or you installed it, I can only
give you a general suggestion.
Update your video card drivers. See below for general drivers information.
If you need more help after doing that, please see the "How to Post" links
for what details you need to include in your next post so we can give you
How to Post:
- How to Ask a Question
Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:
1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM computer
(HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).
Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.
To find out what hardware is in your computer:
1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific model
machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers anyway)
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
Advisor or System Information for Windows.
- Belarc Advisor
- System Information for Windows
If you have installed drivers from Windows Update, you can roll them back:
Roll Back Troublesome Device Drivers in Windows Vista from the How-To Geek -
Elephant Boy Computers