audio problem

Mary

audio problem
i just installed vista onto my laptop and im having difficulty getting the
sound to work. when i hover over the icon on the toolbar it says no audio
output device is installed. can anyone help ????
Dwarf

RE: audio problem
Hi Mary,

You need to install your audio driver. What is the make and model of your
laptop? If you reply with that information, I should be able to point you in
the right direction for your drivers. Don't forget to state whether you are
running 32-bit or 64-bit Vista.
Dwarf

"Mary" wrote:

> i just installed vista onto my laptop and im having difficulty getting the
> sound to work. when i hover over the icon on the toolbar it says no audio
> output device is installed. can anyone help ????

Mary

RE: audio problem
Thanks. Well its a gateway and the model is MX6956. And it's 32-bit

"Dwarf" wrote:

> Hi Mary,
>
> You need to install your audio driver. What is the make and model of your
> laptop? If you reply with that information, I should be able to point you in
> the right direction for your drivers. Don't forget to state whether you are
> running 32-bit or 64-bit Vista.
> Dwarf
>
> "Mary" wrote:
>
> > i just installed vista onto my laptop and im having difficulty getting the
> > sound to work. when i hover over the icon on the toolbar it says no audio
> > output device is installed. can anyone help ????

Dwarf

RE: audio problem
Hi Mary,

Thanks for the reply. From the information you gave me, I have located the
driver for you (link given below). Follow the instructions given.
Dwarf

http://support.gateway.com/support/d...&uid=192659688

"Mary" wrote:

> Thanks. Well its a gateway and the model is MX6956. And it's 32-bit
>
> "Dwarf" wrote:
>
> > Hi Mary,
> >
> > You need to install your audio driver. What is the make and model of your
> > laptop? If you reply with that information, I should be able to point you in
> > the right direction for your drivers. Don't forget to state whether you are
> > running 32-bit or 64-bit Vista.
> > Dwarf
> >
> > "Mary" wrote:
> >
> > > i just installed vista onto my laptop and im having difficulty getting the
> > > sound to work. when i hover over the icon on the toolbar it says no audio
> > > output device is installed. can anyone help ????

Mary

RE: audio problem
it worked. thanks so much!

"Dwarf" wrote:

> Hi Mary,
>
> Thanks for the reply. From the information you gave me, I have located the
> driver for you (link given below). Follow the instructions given.
> Dwarf
>
> http://support.gateway.com/support/d...&uid=192659688
>
> "Mary" wrote:
>
> > Thanks. Well its a gateway and the model is MX6956. And it's 32-bit
> >
> > "Dwarf" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Mary,
> > >
> > > You need to install your audio driver. What is the make and model of your
> > > laptop? If you reply with that information, I should be able to point you in
> > > the right direction for your drivers. Don't forget to state whether you are
> > > running 32-bit or 64-bit Vista.
> > > Dwarf

lox2869

RE: audio problem
does the solution for mary's problem also fix the SP1 'no sound device
installed' problem after downloading update. i have toshiba satellite A200.
Device manager shows error '6TO4' network adaptor only, no errors under sound
as far as i can tell. have checked for new updates - still no sound. any
suggestions appreciated