performance of vista vwindows xp

branik08

performance of vista vwindows xp
I recently bought an aspire 5310 which runs in vista basic and so far it has
been nothing but a headache.Simple tasks on XP like file transfer between pc
and pen drive are laboured, eg the download clock runs up instead of down
and a 458mb transfer ran for 30 minutes.Program downloads such as Divert X
take an age to download and then when it comes to finalize a message pops up
on the screen, not for many of us mere mortals eg.' a cabinet file cannot be
trusted, please verify Cryptological services are enabled so cabinet cert can
be verified'Now this program downloaded in mins on XP without incident and
what it means I have no idea.My facebook hasnt run properly since installed
on this pc, vids sent to me etc will not open.I installed the Div X program
and when I tried to use it, again another unintelligble message popped up on
the screen.Is it me? my pc? or is Vista such a nightmare?Any suggestions much
appreciated:-)branik
peter

Re: performance of vista vwindows xp
Well.........Vista Basic really Sucks..big time ...for a start.
If you list some specs for your Acer someone might be able to pinpoint your
problem a little better
pk

"branik08" <branik08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news118ED1A-BD14-48DA-A98E-B36F1EF7595D@microsoft.com...
> I recently bought an aspire 5310 which runs in vista basic and so far it
> has
> been nothing but a headache.Simple tasks on XP like file transfer between
> pc
> and pen drive are laboured, eg the download clock runs up instead of down
> and a 458mb transfer ran for 30 minutes.Program downloads such as Divert X
> take an age to download and then when it comes to finalize a message pops
> up
> on the screen, not for many of us mere mortals eg.' a cabinet file cannot
> be
> trusted, please verify Cryptological services are enabled so cabinet cert
> can
> be verified'Now this program downloaded in mins on XP without incident and
> what it means I have no idea.My facebook hasnt run properly since
> installed
> on this pc, vids sent to me etc will not open.I installed the Div X
> program
> and when I tried to use it, again another unintelligble message popped up
> on
> the screen.Is it me? my pc? or is Vista such a nightmare?Any suggestions
> much
> appreciated:-)branik

Gordon

"peter" <peterk@nowhere.net> wrote in message
news4B2270E-8E28-4534-8989-B7E3018B61D8@microsoft.com...
> Well.........Vista Basic really Sucks..big time ...for a start.
> If you list some specs for your Acer someone might be able to pinpoint
> your problem a little better
> pk

This is off laptopsdirect.co.uk - should be OK, I'm getting reasonable
performance from a Toshiba Satellite with half the RAM...but with a duo core
processor.
a.. Processor: Intel Celeron-M 1.6GHz, 533MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache
b.. RAM: 2GB DDR2 (Max Memory 2GB)
c.. Hard Drive: 80GB Serial ATA
d.. Screen: 15.4" Widescreen TFT (1280x800)with CrystalBrite Technology
e.. Optical Drive: DVD±RW Super Multi Double Layer
f.. Graphics: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
g.. Wireless LAN: 802.11b/g
h.. Bluetooth: No
i.. Battery Life (Depending on Use): Upto 2.5 Hours
j.. Weight: 2.8kg
k.. Warranty: 1 Year Collect and Return
l.. Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
m.. Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000
n.. Dolby certified surround sound system with two built-in stereo
speakers
o.. S-Video Output
p.. Card Reader (MMC, MS, MS-pro, SD, XD)

Gordon

Re: performance of vista vwindows xp
"peter" <peterk@nowhere.net> wrote in message
news4B2270E-8E28-4534-8989-B7E3018B61D8@microsoft.com...
> Well.........Vista Basic really Sucks..big time ...for a start.
> If you list some specs for your Acer someone might be able to pinpoint
> your problem a little better
> pk

This is off laptopsdirect.co.uk - should be OK, I'm getting reasonable
performance from a Toshiba Satellite with half the RAM...but with a duo core
processor.
a.. Processor: Intel Celeron-M 1.6GHz, 533MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache
b.. RAM: 2GB DDR2 (Max Memory 2GB)
c.. Hard Drive: 80GB Serial ATA
d.. Screen: 15.4" Widescreen TFT (1280x800)with CrystalBrite Technology
e.. Optical Drive: DVD±RW Super Multi Double Layer
f.. Graphics: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
g.. Wireless LAN: 802.11b/g
h.. Bluetooth: No
i.. Battery Life (Depending on Use): Upto 2.5 Hours
j.. Weight: 2.8kg
k.. Warranty: 1 Year Collect and Return
l.. Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
m.. Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000
n.. Dolby certified surround sound system with two built-in stereo
speakers
o.. S-Video Output
p.. Card Reader (MMC, MS, MS-pro, SD, XD)

Richard G. Harper

Re: performance of vista vwindows xp
Celeron 1.6 processor, 512mb RAM, yeah that's why it runs poorly - very
underpowered, barely capable of walking (not running, WALKING) Vista.