Restore disk full

grik

Restore disk full
I need to make room for my hp recovery so that I can make a back up. the disc
is full and I dont know what to do
davidjchuang

Re: Restore disk full

grik;650827 Wrote:
> I need to make room for my hp recovery so that I can make a back up. the
> disc
> is full and I dont know what to do

In order to get more space , " compress " your disk. In my OS ( home
premium ), I'll click Computer > highlight recovery disk, right click >
Properties > Compress. Hope that helps.

--
davidjchuang
Gordon

Re: Restore disk full
"grik" <grik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news32E63BF-D1E4-4A2D-83FA-7446A560F23C@microsoft.com...
>I need to make room for my hp recovery so that I can make a back up. the
>disc
> is full and I dont know what to do

Can you be a bit more explicit:
What precisely do you mean by "I need to make room for my hp recovery " and
why should that affect your backup?
Where are you wanting to make a backup to, and what disk is full?

Gordon

Re: Restore disk full
"davidjchuang" <davidjchuang.36gj84@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> grik;650827 Wrote:
>> I need to make room for my hp recovery so that I can make a back up. the
>> disc
>> is full and I dont know what to do

> In order to get more space , " compress " your disk. In my OS ( home
> premium ), I'll click Computer > highlight recovery disk, right click >
> Properties > Compress. Hope that helps.

I think we need to know what the OP means by "making room for the HP
recovery" first....

Mick Murphy

RE: Restore disk full
The Recovery partirion will be full; that is how it is supposed to be.
It is a factory install of a recovery partition; leave it alone!

It is there for you to either hit an F Key at startup to reinstall, or for
you to make Recovery DVDs in case your HD completely fails.

If you are trying to do a backup of your system(business and ultimate only),
either create another partition to save it to, orsave it to an external HD.

Next time, try putting a few facts here!!!!!!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

> If you are trying to do a backup of your system(business and ultimate
> only),
> either create another partition to save it to,

And there's absolutely NO point whatsoever in creating a backup on a
partition of the same physical HDD....

Bob

Re: Restore disk full
You should not copy or backup anything to the recovery partition (usually
the D drive). The documentation that came with your PC will show you how to
make recovery disks.
-------
*Report back, please*
[When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to so
that others may learn and benefit from the issue]

[How to ask a question]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"grik" <grik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news32E63BF-D1E4-4A2D-83FA-7446A560F23C@microsoft.com...
>I need to make room for my hp recovery so that I can make a back up. the
>disc
> is full and I dont know what to do

Joyce

Re: Restore disk full

"davidjchuang" wrote:

> grik;650827 Wrote:
> > I need to make room for my hp recovery so that I can make a back up. the
> > disc
> > is full and I dont know what to do

> In order to get more space , " compress " your disk. In my OS ( home
> premium ), I'll click Computer > highlight recovery disk, right click >
> Properties > Compress. Hope that helps.
>

> --
> davidjchuang

nnurse52