Windows XP freezes

Sherif

Windows XP freezes
After I log on my account on windows xp, the computer starts to load and then
it freezes....the recent changes I made to the computer was two things; first
I installed the computer game crysis and 2nd I installed a new nvidia driver
for my geforce card, anyways the computer freezes totally so I can't
uninstall or change anything and then I restart using the restart button and
it all happens again......
Bob F.

Re: Windows XP freezes
You would best get your answer in an XP forum.

--
Regards, BobF.
"Sherif" <Sherif@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After I log on my account on windows xp, the computer starts to load and
> then
> it freezes....the recent changes I made to the computer was two things;
> first
> I installed the computer game crysis and 2nd I installed a new nvidia
> driver
> for my geforce card, anyways the computer freezes totally so I can't
> uninstall or change anything and then I restart using the restart button
> and
> it all happens again......

Gordon

Re: Windows XP freezes
"Sherif" <Sherif@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After I log on my account on windows xp, the computer starts to load and
> then
> it freezes....the recent changes I made to the computer was two things;
> first
> I installed the computer game crysis and 2nd I installed a new nvidia
> driver
> for my geforce card, anyways the computer freezes totally so I can't
> uninstall or change anything and then I restart using the restart button
> and
> it all happens again......

Ummm - see that little word VISTA in the heading of this group?????

Bob F.

Re: Windows XP freezes
Ummm No - all I see is a little word XP in the subject and text of this
thread. Don't see Vista at all. If people would copy enough of the

Regards, BobF.

"Bob F." <bob@NOSPAN.com> wrote in message
> Ummm No - all I see is a little word XP in the subject and text of this
> thread. Don't see Vista at all. If people would copy enough of the

I meant the group heading! as in
microsoft.public.windows.VISTA.performance_mainten ance :-)

Bob F.

Re: Windows XP freezes
Yes, and the text and subject said XP, so that's where he should go. You
see Gordon, the idea is to pose the question you have in the group that has
the best fit. And again you have deleted more of the thread so we have lost
trail of the facts, haven't we? Now, can we get back to solving problems
please.

> Yes, and the text and subject said XP, so that's where he should go. You
> see Gordon, the idea is to pose the question you have in the group that
> has the best fit. And again you have deleted more of the thread so we
> have lost trail of the facts, haven't we? Now, can we get back to solving
> problems please.

Sorry, I'm not liking your attitude. The OP posted an XP question in a VISTA
group, so I asked him where XP was in the group title. if that offends you
then TOUGH TITTY.

Bob F.

Re: Windows XP freezes
Gordon,
I see I owe you an apology. I took another look at the thread and I see
that we both responded to the OP at exactly the same time. I picked up your
response as a response to me. Since I took it as a little blunt, (thinking
it was to me, and not the OP) I responded as I did and it degenerated from
there.

--
> "Bob F." <bob@NOSPAN.com> wrote in message
>> Yes, and the text and subject said XP, so that's where he should go. You
>> see Gordon, the idea is to pose the question you have in the group that
>> has the best fit. And again you have deleted more of the thread so we
>> have lost trail of the facts, haven't we? Now, can we get back to
>> solving problems please.

> Sorry, I'm not liking your attitude. The OP posted an XP question in a
> VISTA group, so I asked him where XP was in the group title. if that
> offends you then TOUGH TITTY.

Mick Murphy

RE: Windows XP freezes
crysis would be the most RAM and Graphics hungry Game out there!
Obviously, your hardware can't handle it.

Hit(tap, tap, tap) F8 at startup and go into Safe mode; uninstall crysis.
I know this is vista newsgroup, but I know of the Game
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Sherif" wrote:

> After I log on my account on windows xp, the computer starts to load and then
> it freezes....the recent changes I made to the computer was two things; first
> I installed the computer game crysis and 2nd I installed a new nvidia driver
> for my geforce card, anyways the computer freezes totally so I can't
> uninstall or change anything and then I restart using the restart button and
> it all happens again......

Mick Murphy

Re: Windows XP freezes
I gave him some advice Bob, as I have read about the Game when it 1st came out.

Either leave it alone, or, if someone feels like helping them with something
they know about; WHY NOT?
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia