Vista will not shut down

becky

Vista will not shut down
I am running Windows Vista Home Premium. When I ask the comuter to shut down,
the shut down screen with the spinning circle stays on maybe 20 minutes, then
automatically restarts. My message seems lengthy, but I have tried to
include as much info as I can right from the beginning. I would greatly
appreciate any assistance to resolve this issue.
Once the computer restarts, then after logging in, a window appears with the
message that "windows has recovered from an unexpected shut down. Search for
solutions by clicking here..."
An option is also on this same window for details. Here is a copy of the
details given:Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 00000003
BCP2: 85644B98
BCP3: B3DF81E8
BCP4: 882535B8
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini021308-01.dmp
C:\Users\Jacobs\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-77797-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Jacobs\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7953.tmp.ver sion.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409

When I click on "find the solution", this is the message I get:
Download and install the driver for Intel PRO/1000 Gigabit Adapter
This problem was caused by Intel PRO/1000 Gigabit Adapter, which was created
by Intel Corporation.
A solution is available that will solve this problem.

Technical Information
Intel PRO/1000 Network Connectivity

Network Adapter Driver for Microsoft Windows Vista* (32-bit)

I have installed this driver successfully, but the computer still will not
shut down and I continue to get the same message that I need to install this
driver.

I have the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool running once a month.
I use TrendMicro Internet Security 2008.
Under "network connections", I have both LAN local area connection Intel
82562V 10/100 network connection and Wireless network connection using
compact wireless - G USB network adapter with speed booster.

Help, please!
Thank you,
Becky

C.B.

Re: Vista will not shut down

"becky" <becky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am running Windows Vista Home Premium. When I ask the comuter to shut
> down,
> the shut down screen with the spinning circle stays on maybe 20 minutes,
> then
> automatically restarts. My message seems lengthy, but I have tried to
> include as much info as I can right from the beginning. I would greatly
> appreciate any assistance to resolve this issue.
> Once the computer restarts, then after logging in, a window appears with
> the
> message that "windows has recovered from an unexpected shut down. Search
> for
> solutions by clicking here..."
> An option is also on this same window for details. Here is a copy of the
> details given:Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
>
> Additional information about the problem:
> BCCode: 9f
> BCP1: 00000003
> BCP2: 85644B98
> BCP3: B3DF81E8
> BCP4: 882535B8
> OS Version: 6_0_6000
> Service Pack: 0_0
> Product: 768_1
>
> Files that help describe the problem:
> C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini021308-01.dmp
> C:\Users\Jacobs\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-77797-0.sysdata.xml
> C:\Users\Jacobs\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7953.tmp.ver sion.txt
>
> Read our privacy statement:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409
>
> When I click on "find the solution", this is the message I get:
> Download and install the driver for Intel PRO/1000 Gigabit Adapter
> This problem was caused by Intel PRO/1000 Gigabit Adapter, which was
> created
> by Intel Corporation.
> A solution is available that will solve this problem.
>
> Technical Information
> Intel PRO/1000 Network Connectivity
>
> Network Adapter Driver for Microsoft Windows Vista* (32-bit)
>

> I have installed this driver successfully, but the computer still will not
> shut down and I continue to get the same message that I need to install
> this
> driver.
>
> I have the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool running once a month.
> I use TrendMicro Internet Security 2008.
> Under "network connections", I have both LAN local area connection Intel
> 82562V 10/100 network connection and Wireless network connection using
> compact wireless - G USB network adapter with speed booster.
>
> Help, please!
> Thank you,
> Becky

Becky,

Did you uninstall the previous driver before installing the new one?
Did you download the new driver from Windows Update or did you go to the
vendor's website?
You may also want to try disabling or uninstalling your TrendMicro
security software. I used TrendMicro successfully in the past on XP but it
seems to create conflicts and problems with some Vista systems. Disable or
uninstall it. If you can successfully install the newest Intel driver you
can then reinstall your TrendMicro software.

C.B.

--
It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged
and unfortunate among us.

becky

Re: Vista will not shut down

"C.B." wrote:

> [...]
> > compact wireless - G USB network adapter with speed booster.
> >
> > Help, please!
> > Thank you,
> > Becky
> >

> Becky,
>
> Did you uninstall the previous driver before installing the new one?
> Did you download the new driver from Windows Update or did you go to the
> vendor's website?
> You may also want to try disabling or uninstalling your TrendMicro
> security software. I used TrendMicro successfully in the past on XP but it
> seems to create conflicts and problems with some Vista systems. Disable or
> uninstall it. If you can successfully install the newest Intel driver you
> can then reinstall your TrendMicro software.
>
> C.B.
>

> --
> It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged

dear C.B.,
Thank you for your time and clear instuctions. I did not manually
uninstall the previous driver, but noticed that it was removed as part of the
installation process.
the Windows Problem Reports and Solutions window led me to the Intel web
site for the upgrade.
After reading your response, I did uninstall Trendmicro, reinstalled the
Intel driver, then reinstalled Trendmicro. As long as Trendmicro was
uninstalled, the computer would shut down as normal. Once Trendmicro was
completely updated, the computer once again will not shut down and gives me
the same message about an 'unexpected shut down' and the need to update the
Intel driver.
Do you have any further suggestions?
Thank you so much for any help.
becky

Malke

Re: Vista will not shut down
becky wrote:

> dear C.B.,
> Thank you for your time and clear instuctions. I did not manually
> uninstall the previous driver, but noticed that it was removed as part of
> the installation process.
> the Windows Problem Reports and Solutions window led me to the Intel
> web
> site for the upgrade.
> After reading your response, I did uninstall Trendmicro, reinstalled the
> Intel driver, then reinstalled Trendmicro. As long as Trendmicro was
> uninstalled, the computer would shut down as normal. Once Trendmicro was
> completely updated, the computer once again will not shut down and gives
> me the same message about an 'unexpected shut down' and the need to update
> the Intel driver.
> Do you have any further suggestions?
> Thank you so much for any help.

You've done a great job troubleshooting this and now you have your answer:
get rid of TrendMicro. I don't recommend their consumer products anyway. I
do like NOD32 very much, then Kaspersky, and even Avast if you want a free
av.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
piratekirsty

Re: Vista will not shut down

I actually have the same problem, and I am using NOD 32. Same shut-down
deal. Any ideas?

--
piratekirsty