Annoying audio alerts

eddiebigd

Annoying audio alerts
all day long i keep getting these 1/2 second soundbytes which, I think are
some sort of alert. There are several sounds issued, and the computer rotates
between them. Sometimes it's a cat's meow, other times it's the sound of the
crack of thunder, and also a sound like a fist punch or a slap of some kind,
which makes me think that it's a blocked pop up alert, but doubtful since I
went to the "sounds" menu in the control panel and turned off the sound for
popup blocks.

Anyone else get these annoying soundbytes? Do you know how to turn them off?

ed
Rick Rogers

Re: Annoying audio alerts
Hi,

Got any IM or P2P software running? That sort of behavior usually eminates
from that type of software. Even if not used, it runs in the background and
the notification sounds continue.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"eddiebigd" <eddiebigd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> all day long i keep getting these 1/2 second soundbytes which, I think are
> some sort of alert. There are several sounds issued, and the computer
> rotates
> between them. Sometimes it's a cat's meow, other times it's the sound of
> the
> crack of thunder, and also a sound like a fist punch or a slap of some
> kind,
> which makes me think that it's a blocked pop up alert, but doubtful since
> went to the "sounds" menu in the control panel and turned off the sound
> for
> popup blocks.
>
> Anyone else get these annoying soundbytes? Do you know how to turn them
> off?
>
> ed

eddiebigd

Re: Annoying audio alerts
I think (hope) that's it! AIM users sometimes have signature sounds when they
sign in and out. You're awesome, peace of mind presides.

thanks