Recover from a reboot!

DarylB

Recover from a reboot!
Usually rebooting fixes erratic behavior, but my problem is the opposite.
My computer boots to a condition in which several things are inoperative.
The mouse works, but the keyboard doesn't.
Many of the screen icons do not work, including the shutdown/restart options.
Shutcuts do not work.
The Start menu works, and I can launch programs from it. But the programs do
not work--the main menu is disabled.
In fact it is almost impossible to do anything useful at all. But by
fiddling around with mouse clicks on various things (the edit user accounts
seems to do it), I can get the system to return to normal. It then stays
normal--until the next reboot.
Any ideas?
Bob

Re: Recover from a reboot!
Run sfc \scannow.

If that doesn't solve your problem Do a thorough check for malware,
following all of the steps at one of these Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.