Vista theme is missing

Flyboy842tt

Vista theme is missing
I have wista home premium and my theme is stuck in classic with no option for
swithching back to vista
Dustin Harper

Re: Vista theme is missing
Try downloading official video card drivers from the manufacturer for your
card. Also, what type and how much onboard RAM does your video card have?

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"Flyboy842tt" <Flyboy842tt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have wista home premium and my theme is stuck in classic with no option
>for
> swithching back to vista

Flyboy842tt

Re: Vista theme is missing
Dustin,

Thanks for your reply, I have a nvidia GT7950 with the current driver.
Everything was fine untill one day I sat down and it would not recover from
the screen saver(vista) so I hit the reset button and once it restarted the
start menu/task bar were in classic style.

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> Try downloading official video card drivers from the manufacturer for your
> card. Also, what type and how much onboard RAM does your video card have?
>
> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.VistaRIP.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>

> "Flyboy842tt" <Flyboy842tt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have wista home premium and my theme is stuck in classic with no option
> >for
> > swithching back to vista

Rick Rogers

Re: Vista theme is missing
Hi,

Click start and type in "services", then hit <enter> to open this snap-in.
Scroll down and locate the Themes service. Click on it and either start or
restart it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> Dustin,
>
> Thanks for your reply, I have a nvidia GT7950 with the current driver.
> Everything was fine untill one day I sat down and it would not recover
> from
> the screen saver(vista) so I hit the reset button and once it restarted
> the
> start menu/task bar were in classic style.
>
> "Dustin Harper" wrote:
>
>> Try downloading official video card drivers from the manufacturer for
>> your
>> card. Also, what type and how much onboard RAM does your video card have?
>>
>> --
>> Dustin Harper
>> dharper@vistarip.com
>> http://www.VistaRIP.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>>

>> "Flyboy842tt" <Flyboy842tt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have wista home premium and my theme is stuck in classic with no
>> >option
>> >for
>> > swithching back to vista

Flyboy842tt

Re: Vista theme is missing
Rick Rogers,

Thanks for your input, I just tried your recommendation with no sucess. In
services the themes was already started, I tried stopping then starting again
follows by a restart. When I go to change themes I get "modified" and
"browse" as choices.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Click start and type in "services", then hit <enter> to open this snap-in.
> Scroll down and locate the Themes service. Click on it and either start or
> restart it.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Flyboy842tt" <Flyboy842tt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Dustin,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply, I have a nvidia GT7950 with the current driver.
> > Everything was fine untill one day I sat down and it would not recover
> > from
> > the screen saver(vista) so I hit the reset button and once it restarted
> > the
> > start menu/task bar were in classic style.
> >
> > "Dustin Harper" wrote:
> >
> >> Try downloading official video card drivers from the manufacturer for
> >> your
> >> card. Also, what type and how much onboard RAM does your video card have?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Dustin Harper
> >> dharper@vistarip.com
> >> http://www.VistaRIP.com | Vista Resource & Information Page

Rick Rogers

Re: Vista theme is missing
Hi,

Your previous reset may have damaged the driver set. From the Control
Panel/Programs and Features, uninstall the driver set and supporting
software. Reboot (important) and download and install a new set.

--

> Rick Rogers,
>
> Thanks for your input, I just tried your recommendation with no sucess. In
> services the themes was already started, I tried stopping then starting
> again
> follows by a restart. When I go to change themes I get "modified" and
> "browse" as choices.
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Click start and type in "services", then hit <enter> to open this
>> snap-in.
>> Scroll down and locate the Themes service. Click on it and either start
>> or
>> restart it.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Flyboy842tt" <Flyboy842tt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Dustin,
>> >
>> > Thanks for your reply, I have a nvidia GT7950 with the current driver.
>> > Everything was fine untill one day I sat down and it would not recover
>> > from
>> > the screen saver(vista) so I hit the reset button and once it restarted
>> > the
>> > start menu/task bar were in classic style.

Flyboy842tt

Re: Vista theme is missing
Rick,

I assume you ment chip set and or graphics drivers. I removed and
reinstalled both with no sucess.

Greg