Error message when starting Task Scheduler

Cal Bear '66

Error message when starting Task Scheduler
Sorry for the multi-post (previously posted to the vista general group with no
answer and I forgot to also cross-post to these maintenance and security
groups).

Suddenly when I open Task Scheduler I get the following error message:

"An error has occurred for task Reminders - XXXXXXXX. Error message: The
specified account name is not valid."

(XXXXXXX represents my account name and it IS my VALID account name.)

Can someone guide me in the steps necessary to get rid of this error?

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Hank Arnold (MVP)

Re: Error message when starting Task Scheduler
Cal Bear '66 wrote:
> Sorry for the multi-post (previously posted to the vista general group with no
> answer and I forgot to also cross-post to these maintenance and security
> groups).
>

> Suddenly when I open Task Scheduler I get the following error message:
>
> "An error has occurred for task Reminders - XXXXXXXX. Error message: The
> specified account name is not valid."
>
> (XXXXXXX represents my account name and it IS my VALID account name.)
>
> Can someone guide me in the steps necessary to get rid of this error?
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!

Sounds like one of your scheduled tasks is trying to use a username that
doesn't exist or doesn't have sufficient rights.

What is in the event logs?

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Cal Bear '66

Re: Error message when starting Task Scheduler
Thanks for responding.

I am the only user on this computer. The only other account is Guest (which has
been disabled).

I can find nothing (nothing that seems pertinent, to me anyway) in the Event
Logs.

This just started suddenly. Up until yesterday, I could access the Task
Scheduler with no problem at all.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Hank Arnold (MVP)" <rasilon@aol.com> wrote in message
> Cal Bear '66 wrote:
>> Sorry for the multi-post (previously posted to the vista general group with
>> no answer and I forgot to also cross-post to these maintenance and security
>> groups).
>>

>> Suddenly when I open Task Scheduler I get the following error message:
>>
>> "An error has occurred for task Reminders - XXXXXXXX. Error message: The
>> specified account name is not valid."
>>
>> (XXXXXXX represents my account name and it IS my VALID account name.)
>>
>> Can someone guide me in the steps necessary to get rid of this error?
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

> Sounds like one of your scheduled tasks is trying to use a username that
> doesn't exist or doesn't have sufficient rights.
>
> What is in the event logs?
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Hank Arnold
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Server - Directory Services

texas010101@gmail.com

Re: Error message when starting Task Scheduler
I'm having a similar problem. I can create a new Task Scheduler task
without any problems using a local account, but when I configure it to
run under a domain account, I get the error message about "The
specified account name is not valid." This account is valid, is in
the local administrators group, and isn't disabled or locked out. I
don't get it.

If I create a new task and have it run under the domain account, I get
the same problem.

%@$^ Vista piece of junk. I can't believe Microsoft spent 5 years on
this OS.