All the new modes like the Sleep Mode and Hibernate Mode

StepKim

All the new modes like the Sleep Mode and Hibernate Mode
This might sound silly, but I can't seem to find the way to wake my laptop up
after putting it into the Sleep Mode.
I just got a new laptop, Toshiba Satellite A200-12V, and I tried the Sleep
Mode once and I couldn't turn it back on. I pressed the Power button, and the
power sign was on, but the monitor stayed off and the laptop was
unresponsive. I had to turn it off forcefully and restart it.
So I just use the Turn-Off Mode(this works fine), but if I leave it on for a
few minutes, it will go into the Sleep Mode automatically and the same thing
would happen again.
Is there a "special Vista" way to turn it on or is it my laptop?
I'm having a hard time changing from XP to Vista. Could anyone help me?
Brink

Re: All the new modes like the Sleep Mode and Hibernate Mode

StepKim;622542 Wrote:
> This might sound silly, but I can't seem to find the way to wake my
> laptop up
> after putting it into the Sleep Mode.
> I just got a new laptop, Toshiba Satellite A200-12V, and I tried the
> Sleep
> Mode once and I couldn't turn it back on. I pressed the Power button,
> and the
> power sign was on, but the monitor stayed off and the laptop was
> unresponsive. I had to turn it off forcefully and restart it.
> So I just use the Turn-Off Mode(this works fine), but if I leave it on
> for a
> few minutes, it will go into the Sleep Mode automatically and the same
> thing
> would happen again.
> Is there a "special Vista" way to turn it on or is it my laptop?
> I'm having a hard time changing from XP to Vista. Could anyone help
> me?

Hi StepKim,

Double check your Power Plan Options in STEP TWO of this tutorial to
make sure that they are set properly for "Sleep".

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63...-problems.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
JoeVentola

RE: All the new modes like the Sleep Mode and Hibernate Mode
I had a similar problem with my Satellite (it would also inexplicably turn
the monitor off about every 10 computing hours) until I installed the ROM
update from the Toshiba site. Haven't been bothered since.