Please help

Ryka

Please help
I am trying to back-up my files and I keep getting a Failure - back-up disk
has a corrupted file system. Since I am using an external hard drive, I
cannot run a correction tool. I did an Advanced Restore of Files last week
and then it did a successful back-up but this week a Advanced Restore did
not work and I cannot back-up my files. Please suggest something to help me
back-up my files!

Bob

Re: Please help

"Ryka" <Ryka@live.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to back-up my files and I keep getting a Failure - back-up disk
>has a corrupted file system. Since I am using an external hard drive, I
>cannot run a correction tool.

***Sure you can. Properties>Tools

I did an Advanced Restore of Files last week
> and then it did a successful back-up but this week a Advanced Restore did
> not work and I cannot back-up my files. Please suggest something to help
> me back-up my files!

Ryka

Re: Please help
Properties>Tools in what? There is no correction tool for the external hard
drive (Western) or Backup and Restore. I have tried everything I can think
of to get the Backup to succeed but so far no luck. I restored the File and
Folders in Advance Restore and also ran the System Restore.

news:QqmdnRxTdYfhuiHanZ2dnUVZ_tajnZ2d@comcast.com. ..

> Properties>Tools in what?

Right click the drive.

There is no correction tool for the external hard
> drive (Western) or Backup and Restore. I have tried everything I can think
> of to get the Backup to succeed but so far no luck. I restored the File
> and Folders in Advance Restore and also ran the System Restore.
>

> "Bob" <nowhere@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> news:QqmdnRxTdYfhuiHanZ2dnUVZ_tajnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>>
>> "Ryka" <Ryka@live.com> wrote in message
>>>I am trying to back-up my files and I keep getting a Failure - back-up
>>>disk has a corrupted file system. Since I am using an external hard
>>>drive, I cannot run a correction tool.

>> ***Sure you can. Properties>Tools
>>
>> I did an Advanced Restore of Files last week
>>> and then it did a successful back-up but this week a Advanced Restore
>>> did not work and I cannot back-up my files. Please suggest something to
>>> help me back-up my files!

Ryka

Re: Please help
I found the error-correction tools! I ran the auto-fix and still I could not
use backup so I then ran the full scan and couldn't use backup. So, I ran
the auto-fix once again and this time it found a corrupted file and
corrected it! Now the backup works again. Thank you for your time and
patience helping me to resolve this problem!!

"Bob" <nowhere@nowhere.net> wrote in message
news:wcWdnU2oBYbRQyHanZ2dnUVZ_v2pnZ2d@comcast.com. ..

> "Ryka" <Ryka@live.com> wrote in message
>> Properties>Tools in what?

> Right click the drive.
>

> There is no correction tool for the external hard
>> drive (Western) or Backup and Restore. I have tried everything I can
>> think of to get the Backup to succeed but so far no luck. I restored the
>> File and Folders in Advance Restore and also ran the System Restore.
>>

>> "Bob" <nowhere@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>> news:QqmdnRxTdYfhuiHanZ2dnUVZ_tajnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>>>
>>> "Ryka" <Ryka@live.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> ***Sure you can. Properties>Tools
>>>
>>> I did an Advanced Restore of Files last week

Bob

Re: Please help
You're welcome. Glad to hear you resolved the problem.

>I found the error-correction tools! I ran the auto-fix and still I could
>not use backup so I then ran the full scan and couldn't use backup. So, I
>ran the auto-fix once again and this time it found a corrupted file and
>corrected it! Now the backup works again. Thank you for your time and
>patience helping me to resolve this problem!!
>

> "Bob" <nowhere@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> news:wcWdnU2oBYbRQyHanZ2dnUVZ_v2pnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>>
>> "Ryka" <Ryka@live.com> wrote in message
>>> Properties>Tools in what?

>> Right click the drive.
>>

>> There is no correction tool for the external hard
>>> drive (Western) or Backup and Restore. I have tried everything I can
>>> think of to get the Backup to succeed but so far no luck. I restored the
>>> File and Folders in Advance Restore and also ran the System Restore.
>>>

>>> "Bob" <nowhere@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>>> news:QqmdnRxTdYfhuiHanZ2dnUVZ_tajnZ2d@comcast.com. ..

Annie Lou

Re: Please help/From Annie Lou
I don't know how I got here----but here I am. It looks like you know are
familiar with VISTA???? My cd drive is not recognized as a recordable device
and I am having trouble with my pictures file--it asks me if I want to
replace my files....any suggestions ...or does my problem not explained very
well ?????

"Bob" wrote:

> You're welcome. Glad to hear you resolved the problem.
>
> "Ryka" <Ryka@live.com> wrote in message
> >I found the error-correction tools! I ran the auto-fix and still I could
> >not use backup so I then ran the full scan and couldn't use backup. So, I
> >ran the auto-fix once again and this time it found a corrupted file and
> >corrected it! Now the backup works again. Thank you for your time and
> >patience helping me to resolve this problem!!
> >

> > "Bob" <nowhere@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> > news:wcWdnU2oBYbRQyHanZ2dnUVZ_v2pnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> >>
> >> "Ryka" <Ryka@live.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Right click the drive.
> >>

> >> There is no correction tool for the external hard

Bob

"Annie Lou" <Annie Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I don't know how I got here----but here I am. It looks like you know are
> familiar with VISTA???? My cd drive is not recognized as a recordable
> device

CD-R drive or CD-RW drive is not recognized as a recordable device
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316529

> and I am having trouble with my pictures file--it asks me if I want to
> replace my files....any suggestions ...or does my problem not explained
> very
> well ?????

Run System Restore to a time before the problem began.