7150m getting low vista experience index.

Samrat

7150m getting low vista experience index.
Firstly i will like to say that i know 7150m is a very low-end gaming card
and it cant play latest games higher than 640*480@low-mid settings.
But then again it should be compared with other igps like 6150m x3100 etc
because thats where it is competing.
Now i recently got this laptop: Compaq Presario V3611Au
and its specs are (after updating few things)
1.8ghz amdx2 processor
2gb ram
7150m/nforce630m chipset
and so on

But i was shocked to find out that 3d mark 06 is getting a score of 120
and
vista experience index is giving aero score of 3.3 (which is so-so) and a
terrible
2.5 for gaming graphics..
Now i have seen my friends with a generation older laptops with a less gb
ram and 6150m igp from the same company getting 3 in gaming graphics..

The driver version used is 156.65
I have to download the drivers for my chipset from HP site..I presume 7150m
is better than 6150m.
The hp support is not technical enough to explain the cause so you are my
last hope.They told me (which i already knew)that this card is virtually
similar to 6150 except the deeper pipelines introduced with the 7 series.But
then scores should be atleast equal, not lower.So all i want to know is that
is it due to a driver problem or i have some problem with my notebook or
simply because 6150m is better than 7150m?..The desktop aero score is
3.3..but the gaming graphics is only 2.5..opposed to 3 in 6150m..i understand
that the rating system is not always perfect but this holds true for 3dmark
also.

It will be greatly helpful if other owners of the chipset post their
respective index scores so i can be sure i am not the only one facing this
problem.And i am sure of the fact that 6150m gets 3 in gaming graphics as i
saw in my friends notebook..
However i played ut2007 @640*480 with everything highest except world detail
set to lowest and got around 20-30fps..which is again more than what can be
expected..
I believe it is something to do with vista not being able to support the new
chipset properly or some other cause...
Here are the detailed scores:
Processor : 4.7
Ram : 5.5
Graphics : 3.3
Gaming Graphics : 2.5
Primary Hard Disk : 4.5
gerryf

Re: 7150m getting low vista experience index.
I was able to find scores in the 2.5-2.6 range on two other forums for that
igp, but that's pretty inconclusive

First question, since that is shared video memory, how much are you alloting
to your video card?

If the bios allows you to alter the memory allotted to the video, you might
bump it up since you have 2gb of ram

Look for frame buffer size, or video ram allotted

It is probably defaulting to 32mb or 64mb--see what 128 or 256 does if you
can (a lot of laptop bios are crippled)