Video Driver

Dan

Video Driver
I enter Hibernation @ Screen Resolution 1440x900 and when I exit Hibernation
80% of time I return to a different resolution 1024x768. current driver
[Video Driver Intel 7.14.10.1147 -12/7/2006.]

This is what was directed to do: Go to the video adapter manufacturer's
site, download the latest driver (Even if the same version as is installed).
From Device Manager, Uninstall the current driver, reboot, and install the
downloaded video
Driver.
-------------------------------------
My Gateway Website driver search result returned this driver-
File Description: Windows Vista (32-bit) Video Driver
Version: Intel 7.14.10.1147
Operating System: Microsoft(r) Windows(r) Vista (32-bit)
Part Number: D20041-002-001
Date: 01/23/2007

Driver auto-generated instructions: After you have downloaded and
double-clicked the file D20041-002-001, files self-extract and copy into the
C:\Cabs\D20041-002-001 folder on the hard drive.

1. From the Start menu, in the Start Search field, type:
C:\Cabs\D20041-002-001\preinstall.cmd, and then

press ENTER.

2. In the User Account Control dialog box, click Allow/Continue.

3. Follow all onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
All went as written above except the CABS file # it installed ends
C:\cabs\D20041-002-002\Setup.exe, so when I enter “Start Search field, type:
C:\Cabs\D20041-002-001\preinstall.cmd “.. I get [Not Found].
Should I ignore this and use the “setup.exe” to install.?
Dan
Dwarf

RE: Video Driver
Hi Dan,

Assuming that you haven't made a typo in your post, the date of your video
driver (01/23/2007) indicates that this is an old driver and there should be
a much newer one available from Gateway and certainly directly from Intel
themselves. A little bit more information, please. What is the model of your
PC?
Dwarf

"Dan" wrote:

> I enter Hibernation @ Screen Resolution 1440x900 and when I exit Hibernation
> 80% of time I return to a different resolution 1024x768. current driver
> [Video Driver Intel 7.14.10.1147 -12/7/2006.]
>
> This is what was directed to do: Go to the video adapter manufacturer's
> site, download the latest driver (Even if the same version as is installed).
> From Device Manager, Uninstall the current driver, reboot, and install the
> downloaded video
> Driver.
> -------------------------------------
> My Gateway Website driver search result returned this driver-
> File Description: Windows Vista (32-bit) Video Driver
> Version: Intel 7.14.10.1147
> Operating System: Microsoft(r) Windows(r) Vista (32-bit)
> Part Number: D20041-002-001
> Date: 01/23/2007
>
> Driver auto-generated instructions: After you have downloaded and
> double-clicked the file D20041-002-001, files self-extract and copy into the
> C:\Cabs\D20041-002-001 folder on the hard drive.
>
> 1. From the Start menu, in the Start Search field, type:
> C:\Cabs\D20041-002-001\preinstall.cmd, and then
>
> press ENTER.
>
> 2. In the User Account Control dialog box, click Allow/Continue.
>
> 3. Follow all onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
> All went as written above except the CABS file # it installed ends
> C:\cabs\D20041-002-002\Setup.exe, so when I enter “Start Search field, type:
> C:\Cabs\D20041-002-001\preinstall.cmd “.. I get [Not Found].
> Should I ignore this and use the “setup.exe” to install.?
> Dan

Dan

RE: Video Driver
thanx Dwarf,
-- Model: Gateway MX8711 Notebook but...

But...i went back and sure enough, Gateway has a different date on its site:
[D20041-002-002.exe - Windows Vista (32-bit) Video Driver Version: Intel
7.14.10.1147 Supports: Windows Vista (32-bit)
Note: This file contains the Windows Vista 32-bit video driver for the
computer models and components listed below.
4/24/2007]

the problem was that in their auto-generated install instructions [which i
was left with] has the old date that you picked up on. [File Description:
Date: 01/23/2007] 6,555 KB

so its fair to assume that gateway did not bother to change the instruction
sheet to reflect this new date?. you would think something this important
would be addressed. Incredible.

Dan

Dwarf

RE: Video Driver
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply. I rather think that the old instructions also apply to
the newer driver, so they didn't feel the need to update them. However, armed
with the details that you gave me of the model number, I am pleased to inform
you that there is an updated driver available from Intel, version 15.7.3
dated 1/10/2008. I enclose a direct link to the relevant download. Please
note that I recommend that you save the download and create a restore point
prior to installing the driver.
Dwarf

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/T8Cl...3 57&lang=eng

"Dan" wrote:

> thanx Dwarf,
> -- Model: Gateway MX8711 Notebook but...
>
> But...i went back and sure enough, Gateway has a different date on its site:
> [D20041-002-002.exe - Windows Vista (32-bit) Video Driver Version: Intel
> 7.14.10.1147 Supports: Windows Vista (32-bit)
> Note: This file contains the Windows Vista 32-bit video driver for the
> computer models and components listed below.
> 4/24/2007]
>
> the problem was that in their auto-generated install instructions [which i
> was left with] has the old date that you picked up on. [File Description:
> Windows Vista (32-bit) Video Driver
> Version: Intel 7.14.10.1147
> Operating System: Microsoft(r) Windows(r) Vista (32-bit)
> Part Number: D20041-002-001
> Date: 01/23/2007] 6,555 KB
>
> so its fair to assume that gateway did not bother to change the instruction
> sheet to reflect this new date?. you would think something this important
> would be addressed. Incredible.
>
> Dan

Dan

RE: Video Driver
I followed the link and I completed all of the instructions. I found the
exact driver.
[Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family]. all instructions went
perfectly well and appears where its supposed to and is present in C:caps
file. At the very end after the install I received the following message. Any
ideas?

[The drive being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain
the appropriate drive from the manufacture.]

--
Dan
"Dwarf" wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I rather think that the old instructions also apply to
> the newer driver, so they didn't feel the need to update them. However, armed
> with the details that you gave me of the model number, I am pleased to inform
> you that there is an updated driver available from Intel, version 15.7.3
> dated 1/10/2008. I enclose a direct link to the relevant download. Please
> note that I recommend that you save the download and create a restore point
> prior to installing the driver.
> Dwarf
>
> http://downloadcenter.intel.com/T8Cl...3 57&lang=eng
>
> "Dan" wrote:
>
> > thanx Dwarf,
> > -- Model: Gateway MX8711 Notebook but...
> >
> > But...i went back and sure enough, Gateway has a different date on its site:
> > [D20041-002-002.exe - Windows Vista (32-bit) Video Driver Version: Intel
> > 7.14.10.1147 Supports: Windows Vista (32-bit)
> > Note: This file contains the Windows Vista 32-bit video driver for the
> > computer models and components listed below.
> > 4/24/2007]
> >
> > the problem was that in their auto-generated install instructions [which i
> > was left with] has the old date that you picked up on. [File Description:
> > Windows Vista (32-bit) Video Driver
> > Version: Intel 7.14.10.1147
> > Operating System: Microsoft(r) Windows(r) Vista (32-bit)
> > Part Number: D20041-002-001
> > Date: 01/23/2007] 6,555 KB
> >
> > so its fair to assume that gateway did not bother to change the instruction
> > sheet to reflect this new date?. you would think something this important
> > would be addressed. Incredible.
> >
> > Dan

Dwarf

RE: Video Driver
Hi Dan,

As long as the driver is working satisfactorily and you are having no
problems with it there should be no need to worry. This message is the
equivalent of the Microsoft one saying that a driver hasn't been signed.
Since the driver is such a recent one, it is quite possible that Gateway
haven't yet validated it.
Dwarf

"Dan" wrote:

> I followed the link and I completed all of the instructions. I found the
> exact driver.
> [Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family]. all instructions went
> perfectly well and appears where its supposed to and is present in C:caps
> file. At the very end after the install I received the following message. Any
> ideas?
>
> [The drive being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain
> the appropriate drive from the manufacture.]
>
> --
> Dan
> "Dwarf" wrote:
>
> > Hi Dan,
> >
> > Thanks for the reply. I rather think that the old instructions also apply to
> > the newer driver, so they didn't feel the need to update them. However, armed
> > with the details that you gave me of the model number, I am pleased to inform
> > you that there is an updated driver available from Intel, version 15.7.3
> > dated 1/10/2008. I enclose a direct link to the relevant download. Please
> > note that I recommend that you save the download and create a restore point
> > prior to installing the driver.
> > Dwarf
> >
> > http://downloadcenter.intel.com/T8Cl...3 57&lang=eng
> >
> > "Dan" wrote:
> >
> > > thanx Dwarf,
> > > -- Model: Gateway MX8711 Notebook but...
> > >
> > > But...i went back and sure enough, Gateway has a different date on its site:
> > > [D20041-002-002.exe - Windows Vista (32-bit) Video Driver Version: Intel
> > > 7.14.10.1147 Supports: Windows Vista (32-bit)
> > > Note: This file contains the Windows Vista 32-bit video driver for the
> > > computer models and components listed below.
> > > 4/24/2007]
> > >
> > > the problem was that in their auto-generated install instructions [which i
> > > was left with] has the old date that you picked up on. [File Description:
> > > Windows Vista (32-bit) Video Driver
> > > Version: Intel 7.14.10.1147
> > > Operating System: Microsoft(r) Windows(r) Vista (32-bit)
> > > Part Number: D20041-002-001
> > > Date: 01/23/2007] 6,555 KB
> > >
> > > so its fair to assume that gateway did not bother to change the instruction
> > > sheet to reflect this new date?. you would think something this important
> > > would be addressed. Incredible.
> > >
> > > Dan

Dan

RE: Video Driver
yes sure because it installed and went through all the motions. its that
error message that puts doughts on it. i will let gateway know my situation
just for GP.

thankya for staying withme on this one.
-Dan