Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB943411)

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB943411)
(cross-post added to Vista Perf & Maint)
"Dwaggie67" <Dwaggie67@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4ACA9CB-30DF-4962-81CB-5BFE9FCCDEFD@microsoft.com...
> The update keeps nagging me to reboot my computer and everytime I reboot
> it fails to install.
> Why?
>
> Update for Windows Vista (KB943411)

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=943411

Good grief. With so many modules to replace perhaps it's not surprising
that at least one or two would be found in use an therefore require a reboot?

Have you checked the Event Viewer to find out exactly which ones are to be
replaced during the boot? Are they getting replaced then?

BTW I don't use Vista so I'm cross-posting this to a Vista newsgroup
in case someone there wants to share their observations with you.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> Installation date: ‎02/‎08/‎2008 15:55
>
> Installation status: Failed
>
> Error details: Code 80004005
>
> Update type: Important
>
> Install this update to improve protection in Windows Sidebar. This update
> enables Windows Sidebar to block certain gadgets from running. After you
> install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Dwaggie67

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB943411)
Event Viewer ? What is this event viewer? I don't understand.

"Dwaggie67" <Dwaggie67@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DCDF2FF-FD67-413F-892E-7D42323901D4@microsoft.com...
> Event Viewer ? What is this event viewer? I don't understand.

Press Win-F1. Enter "Event Viewer". Find "Using Event Viewer" (for example.)

Good luck

Robert
---

TaurArian

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB943411)
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art...ows-Vista.html

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"Dwaggie67" <Dwaggie67@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Event Viewer ? What is this event viewer? I don't understand.
|
| "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
|
| > (cross-post added to Vista Perf & Maint)
| > "Dwaggie67" <Dwaggie67@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > > The update keeps nagging me to reboot my computer and everytime I reboot
| > > it fails to install.
| > > Why?
| > >
| > > Update for Windows Vista (KB943411)
| >

| > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=943411
| >

| > Good grief. With so many modules to replace perhaps it's not surprising
| > that at least one or two would be found in use an therefore require a reboot?
| >
| > Have you checked the Event Viewer to find out exactly which ones are to be
| > replaced during the boot? Are they getting replaced then?
| >
| > BTW I don't use Vista so I'm cross-posting this to a Vista newsgroup
| > in case someone there wants to share their observations with you.
| >

| > HTH
| >
| > Robert Aldwinckle
| > ---
| >

| > > Installation date: ?Z02/?Z08/?Z2008 15:55
| > >
| > > Installation status: Failed
| > >
| > > Error details: Code 80004005
| > >
| > > Update type: Important
| > >
| > > Install this update to improve protection in Windows Sidebar. This update
| > > enables Windows Sidebar to block certain gadgets from running. After you
| > > install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Dwaggie67

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB943411)
I don't know how to use this event viewer. I'm very stupid when it comes to
computers.

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "Dwaggie67" <Dwaggie67@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DCDF2FF-FD67-413F-892E-7D42323901D4@microsoft.com...
> > Event Viewer ? What is this event viewer? I don't understand.

> Press Win-F1. Enter "Event Viewer". Find "Using Event Viewer" (for example.)
>

> Good luck
>
> Robert
> ---

Dwaggie67

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB943411)
Sorry, everything on the site is way beyond my understanding. I'm not a
rocket scientist.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art...ows-Vista.html
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "Dwaggie67" <Dwaggie67@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Event Viewer ? What is this event viewer? I don't understand.
> |
> | "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
> |
> | > (cross-post added to Vista Perf & Maint)
> | > "Dwaggie67" <Dwaggie67@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> | > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=943411
> | >

> | > Good grief. With so many modules to replace perhaps it's not surprising
> | > that at least one or two would be found in use an therefore require a reboot?
> | >
> | > Have you checked the Event Viewer to find out exactly which ones are to be
> | > replaced during the boot? Are they getting replaced then?
> | >
> | > BTW I don't use Vista so I'm cross-posting this to a Vista newsgroup
> | > in case someone there wants to share their observations with you.
> | >

> | > HTH
> | >
> | > Robert Aldwinckle
> | > ---

TaurArian

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB943411)
Dwaggie67, do what I suggested before - Start a free Windows Update support incident
request:

Please post back the solution from MS so that it will benefit others who are using Vista.

--
====================================

| Sorry, everything on the site is way beyond my understanding. I'm not a
| rocket scientist.
|
| "TaurArian" wrote:

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art...ows-Vista.html

| > --
| > ====================================
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
| > ====================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
| > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
| > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
| >

| > "Dwaggie67" <Dwaggie67@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | Event Viewer ? What is this event viewer? I don't understand.
| > |
| > | "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
| > |

Dwaggie67

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB943411)
I already done that before I posted my first question on here and they are
just as puzzled. They can't seem to pit it down either.