Vista Backup Utility

David

Vista Backup Utility
How do I control the storage space for Vista auto Backup utility? If I
delete few set of the backup that I don't need, the backup will not run
because it said "the latest backup set can not be found."

I found no help on Microsoft website/support. I set the backup to run
weekly, but it will accumulate more than 30GB on the remote storage easily.

I want to set the backup weekly to the remote server and then I backup sets
that I need onto a disc then remove it from the server.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
David
AJR

Re: Vista Backup Utility
You do not specify type of backup - file or Complete PC and scheduling.

If schedule does incremental backups you cannot delete a previous set - when
backup runs again it looks for the "previous backup" set to append the next
backup.

Verify your schedule regarding: number of backups retained, number of days
they are retained, etc.

> How do I control the storage space for Vista auto Backup utility? If I
> delete few set of the backup that I don't need, the backup will not run
> because it said "the latest backup set can not be found."
>
> I found no help on Microsoft website/support. I set the backup to run
> weekly, but it will accumulate more than 30GB on the remote storage
> easily.
>
> I want to set the backup weekly to the remote server and then I backup
> sets
> that I need onto a disc then remove it from the server.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> David

David

Re: Vista Backup Utility
It is a scheduling backup.

Where in the setting do you set the retention days of a backup set? This OS
is Vista Business.

Thanks,

David.