Want to trade my 32bit version for your 64bit version

svenbernitt

Want to trade my 32bit version for your 64bit version

::If there is anyone out there willing to trade their 64bit version of
Vista Home Premium for my OEM 32bit version of Vista Home Premium,
please e-mail me at ::'::xyz.sven@gmail.com::' (xyz.sven@gmail.com)
::I need the 64bit version because my system has 8GB RAM.::
::Thanks.::
::Sven::

--
svenbernitt
Fesoj

Re: Want to trade my 32bit version for your 64bit version
And you will trade your pc too? Because your OS is OEM :-)

"svenbernitt" <svenbernitt.34h0x1@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> ::If there is anyone out there willing to trade their 64bit version of
> Vista Home Premium for my OEM 32bit version of Vista Home Premium,
> please e-mail me at ::'::xyz.sven@gmail.com::' (xyz.sven@gmail.com)
> ::I need the 64bit version because my system has 8GB RAM.::
> ::Thanks.::
> ::Sven::
>

> --
> svenbernitt

RyanHell078 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bought an OEM version of 64 Vista Ultimate from TigerDirect.com, so it is NOT machine specific as the above commentor seems to be implying. OEM, from my personal experience, is a product void of any manuels or fancy boxes. Mine came in a cheap black and white sleeve, but the O.S. itself was the same exact product. Or am I wrong? I know what I bought, what did you buy? A basic no thrills model of the O.S., I presume? If I hated it I would trade you but then I would be screwed next week when I myself decided to add ram. Now, there is a hack or mod SUPPOSEDLY, which can allow Vista 32's to read and properly use that added memory. Be careful and use at your own risk, for what that is worth. Personally I think Vista 64 is the new must have. WHY? Because it is allowing us to take computing a little bit higher. Are there trade-offs? Well, sure. But they are frivolous, and hacks and workarounds are already in place to make Vista like XP. The driver signature requirement for Vista 64 is a bit mennacing, but it is going to be cracked too, just wait and see. Why be part of something that has been, when you can be part of something that is being made still. By that I mean an OS that is still being hacked a lot. XP is great but Vista is going to be great too. As computer enthusiast we should embrace CHANGE, and EVOLUTION. Only a caveman would hold onto something that is old and dying. Is XP dead? Nope. But that is testimony to the quality of MS products, products that last. Go Vista 64 for a current cycle of excitement. It is totally stable.
__________________
Ryan Hell
Q6600 GO stepper
Vista 64 (and I love it!)
XFX 8800 GTX XXX Edition
XFX 680i LT Sli MoBo
2 gigs Corsair XMS2 ram
22inch Viewsonic Monitor
Antec 900 case
IT student (networking)
Crysis player!
Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Want to trade my 32bit version for your 64bit version
On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 18:57:02 +0000, RyanHell078
<RyanHell078.34h74g@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:

> I bought an OEM version of 64 Vista Ultimate from TigerDirect.com, so it
> is NOT machine specific as the above commentor seems to be implying.
> OEM, from my personal experience, is a product void of any manuels or
> fancy boxes. Mine came in a cheap black and white sleeve, but the O.S.
> itself was the same exact product. Or am I wrong?

You're partially wrong. Yes, the software is identical to the retail
version. However, it comes with a different license. The biggest
disadvantage of an OEM license is that it ties Windows permanently to
the first computer it's installed on. It can never legally be moved to
another computer, sold, or given away, except along with that
computer.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Fesoj

Re: Want to trade my 32bit version for your 64bit version
Yes. And I found this:

"OEM editions are either x86 or x64, if you wish to switch from one to the
other you need to buy another copy."

"Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
newsadpq3lne95239kk4k1498touslti7a9kh@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 18:57:02 +0000, RyanHell078
> <RyanHell078.34h74g@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:
>

>> I bought an OEM version of 64 Vista Ultimate from TigerDirect.com, so it
>> is NOT machine specific as the above commentor seems to be implying.
>> OEM, from my personal experience, is a product void of any manuels or
>> fancy boxes. Mine came in a cheap black and white sleeve, but the O.S.
>> itself was the same exact product. Or am I wrong?

> You're partially wrong. Yes, the software is identical to the retail
> version. However, it comes with a different license. The biggest
> disadvantage of an OEM license is that it ties Windows permanently to
> the first computer it's installed on. It can never legally be moved to
> another computer, sold, or given away, except along with that
> computer.
>

> --
> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

svenbernitt

Re: Want to trade my 32bit version for your 64bit version

Fesoj: In response to your post:
No - I will not trade my machine. Iam a system builder and built this
system myself. The OS is not tied to the machine. Once you install it in
another machine and I install the 64bit edition, the license is
transferred to you. Upon activation, you will simply have to call the
800 number and tell them that the OS is installed in ONE computer only.

--
svenbernitt
svenbernitt

Re: Want to trade my 32bit version for your 64bit version

OK - guys.... I posted my desire to trade verions simply because that's
what I want to do. I know what OEM stands for, I know what Retail means,
I know that my offer is legitimate, etc, etc. etc..... I am not posting
to argue peoples incorrect opinions. Many pople out there are unhappy
with the 64bit edition because of driver incompatibilities; I on the
other hand don't have this problem hence my offer for an exchange. I
must point out however that I will not trade OEM versions from store
brand computers because of licennsing issues. Mine was purchased
seperately and your 64bit version must have been purchased seperately as
well. Inasmuch my request is really directed only to people who have
built their own systems.

--
svenbernitt
Fesoj

Re: Want to trade my 32bit version for your 64bit version
I think the licence is tied on computer where was software installed first.
I now you can tell them the software is on only one computer, but it's the
same case as get original cd with no key. Of course I can use some key from
google and I'll get fully operational software, but at this moment i'm
breaking the licence.

"svenbernitt" <svenbernitt.34hmg0@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Fesoj: In response to your post:
> No - I will not trade my machine. Iam a system builder and built this
> system myself. The OS is not tied to the machine. Once you install it in
> another machine and I install the 64bit edition, the license is
> transferred to you. Upon activation, you will simply have to call the
> 800 number and tell them that the OS is installed in ONE computer only.
>
> Fesoj;600266 Wrote:
>> And you will trade your pc too? Because your OS is OEM :-)
>>
>> "svenbernitt" <svenbernitt.34h0x1@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net> wrote in
>> message
>> news:svenbernitt.34h0x1@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net...> > >

>> > of

> --
> svenbernitt

svenbernitt

Re: Want to trade my 32bit version for your 64bit version

Fesoj : Sorry - but you just don't understand. The legitimacy of my CD
is not in question, and I really don't know why you keep challenging
it. I have a legitimate legal OEM Disk WITH THE CD KEY; PERIOD. The CD
Key is NOT from Google! It is 100% legitimate.

--
svenbernitt
Rick Rogers

Re: Want to trade my 32bit version for your 64bit version
Hi,

If you installed and activate the 32-bit OEM Product Key, then it would not
allow for activation on any other system. An OEM version is permanently tied
to the system on which it is first activated. Anyone swapping with you (and
for the record, this is not a swap board, it is a support forum) would have
to purchase a new license to use it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/