System Restore ~ HELP!!

PYJ3

System Restore ~ HELP!!
I have Vista and my computer is less than a year old. I lost a program
somehow and went through the restore process so that I could retrieve it. I
was unable to retrieve it but in the restore process I lost a lot of other
stuff that I need to recover. So then I tried to undo the first restore only
to find that the restore points only go back to the date of the first
restore. So I chose that restore point but the system encountered an error
and the restore was not executed. Now the date of the first restore is gone
from the list and there are no dates preceeding that date.

I didn't do anything fancy like restore in safe mode or use the disk. I
just hit the command keys as directed in the instructions. I need to restore
my computer back to a date that is not on the list.

How do I do the restore when the instructions for doing so create an error?
I need to go back a month.
Rick Rogers

Re: System Restore ~ HELP!!
Hi,

Simply put, you can't. If the restore point is gone or corrupted, there is
not going to be any way of recovering it.

As to missing files, right click the folder they were previously in and
select properties. On the Previous Versions tab, see if there is an option
to restore the one you previously had.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"PYJ3" <PYJ3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Vista and my computer is less than a year old. I lost a program
> somehow and went through the restore process so that I could retrieve it.
> was unable to retrieve it but in the restore process I lost a lot of other
> stuff that I need to recover. So then I tried to undo the first restore
> only
> to find that the restore points only go back to the date of the first
> restore. So I chose that restore point but the system encountered an error
> and the restore was not executed. Now the date of the first restore is
> gone
> from the list and there are no dates preceeding that date.
>
> I didn't do anything fancy like restore in safe mode or use the disk. I
> just hit the command keys as directed in the instructions. I need to
> restore
> my computer back to a date that is not on the list.
>
> How do I do the restore when the instructions for doing so create an
> error?
> I need to go back a month.

PYJ3

Re: System Restore ~ HELP!!