I have to restore everyday in order to get on the internet

pappy

I have to restore everyday in order to get on the internet
For the last 5 or 6 days ,I have had to restore my computer to an earlier
point to be able to access the internet. I get a cannot find server that
comes up then I click on my fire fox icon on my desk top to access my
cox.net and it gives the can't find server. I called cox and the could see
that there was no problem with the server. What can I check to eleviate this
problem. Thanks Ray M
Bob

Re: I have to restore everyday in order to get on the internet
Run sfc /scannow.

"pappy" <pappy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For the last 5 or 6 days ,I have had to restore my computer to an earlier
> point to be able to access the internet. I get a cannot find server that
> comes up then I click on my fire fox icon on my desk top to access my
> cox.net and it gives the can't find server. I called cox and the could see
> that there was no problem with the server. What can I check to eleviate
> this
> problem. Thanks Ray M

Bob

Re: I have to restore everyday in order to get on the internet
Run sfc /scannow.

"pappy" <pappy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For the last 5 or 6 days ,I have had to restore my computer to an earlier
> point to be able to access the internet. I get a cannot find server that
> comes up then I click on my fire fox icon on my desk top to access my
> cox.net and it gives the can't find server. I called cox and the could see
> that there was no problem with the server. What can I check to eleviate
> this
> problem. Thanks Ray M

pappy

"Bob" wrote:

> Run sfc /scannow.
>
> "pappy" <pappy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > For the last 5 or 6 days ,I have had to restore my computer to an earlier
> > point to be able to access the internet. I get a cannot find server that
> > comes up then I click on my fire fox icon on my desk top to access my
> > cox.net and it gives the can't find server. I called cox and the could see
> > that there was no problem with the server. What can I check to eleviate
> > this
> > problem. Thanks Ray M

> Bob ewhat do you mean by Run sfc /scannow

Bob

Re: I have to restore everyday in order to get on the internet
Read this article.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833