Bluescreen and memory dump.

Cura

Bluescreen and memory dump.
Greetings Windows Vista Community.

I've been using Windows Vista Ultimate for about a half year now and i keep
getting bluescreens. I am uncertain of the reason and i don't know how i open
the .mdmp files that are left in the folder of the program that crash my
comptuer. Some time ago, vista actually solved the problem and said something
about my RAM being in conflict with my motherboard or processor. My system
specs are:

Core 2 Quad Processor
GFORCE 8800 GTS
4000 ram of unknown type.

If someone can tell me how to extract more information about the bluescreens
i'll post them here.

Thanks for your help, and sorry for the insufficient information and bad
spelling.
Rick Rogers

Re: Bluescreen and memory dump.
Hi,

If you are referring to the minidump files, you can send the most recent one
or two to me at rick@mvps.org using a subject line of 'per req'. To get
details from them, you need a debugging tool. I'll see if they contain any
useful information about the crashes.

Do you happen to know if the stop error (blue screen message) is the same
every time? Any commonality to when it fails? Like during a certain
application use?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Cura" <Cura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings Windows Vista Community.
>
> I've been using Windows Vista Ultimate for about a half year now and i
> keep
> getting bluescreens. I am uncertain of the reason and i don't know how i
> open
> the .mdmp files that are left in the folder of the program that crash my
> comptuer. Some time ago, vista actually solved the problem and said
> something
> about my RAM being in conflict with my motherboard or processor. My system
> specs are:
>
> Core 2 Quad Processor
> GFORCE 8800 GTS
> 4000 ram of unknown type.
>
> If someone can tell me how to extract more information about the
> bluescreens
> i'll post them here.
>
> Thanks for your help, and sorry for the insufficient information and bad
> spelling.

Cura

Re: Bluescreen and memory dump.
Okay, i've sent one of the minidumps to you. And yes, the bluescreen is the
same every time. I'm unsecure about where the mdmp files are stored but
they're often stored in the program which was runing at the moment of
bluescreen impact.
Rick Rogers

Re: Bluescreen and memory dump.
Hi,

The crash stems from a file called steam.exe, and the most common form of it
I can find is used in a game called Half-life. You may want to check with
the game vendor for any needed upgrades or patches.

--

news57309B2-CA95-481A-B016-AC8598074E30@microsoft.com...
> Okay, i've sent one of the minidumps to you. And yes, the bluescreen is
> the
> same every time. I'm unsecure about where the mdmp files are stored but
> they're often stored in the program which was runing at the moment of
> bluescreen impact.

Cura

Re: Bluescreen and memory dump.
I think that implies that steam was the program was running at the time of
the crash. The bluescreen appears many times with different programs.
Sometimes Half-Life sometimes Firefox And even winamp. Basically it isn't the
program which causes the crash it's my pc. I can only find the mdmp files
from the programs i know was running at the time of the crash.
Rick Rogers

Re: Bluescreen and memory dump.
Hi,

Check under C:\Windows\minidump for a system dump file.

--

>I think that implies that steam was the program was running at the time of
> the crash. The bluescreen appears many times with different programs.
> Sometimes Half-Life sometimes Firefox And even winamp. Basically it isn't
> the
> program which causes the crash it's my pc. I can only find the mdmp files
> from the programs i know was running at the time of the crash.

n79

Re: Bluescreen and memory dump.

i have just done a disk clean up on my toshiba equium laptop and is
vista

i done the clean up and then the blue screen came up and then done a
load up to 100 and then loaded again somthing about dump files or
somthing and then he loaded and done it again after i done a jave update
can any one help me and tell me how to fix this problem and tell me how
i cannot get it again please thanks

--
n79

Re: Bluescreen and memory dump.
Can you start your computer? If not can you start it in Safe Mode?

--
..