Programs and Features

RENEE

Programs and Features
I have completely removed Ad-Aware by using the Control Panel - Programs and
Features and then Uninstall. However, Ad-Aware still shows up under Programs
and Features. When I hit Uninstall again, it says "cannot open the
install.log file". I can't find an install.log file. I am using Windows
Vista Ultimate. When I search the entire computer for Ad-Aware, it does not
show up.
Dustin Harper

Re: Programs and Features
You can download a program called "CCleaner" (http://www.ccleaner.com) and
go to Tools, then select AdAware, and 'Delete Entry'. That will remove it
from the Programs and Features uninstall list.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"RENEE" <RENEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have completely removed Ad-Aware by using the Control Panel - Programs
>and
> Features and then Uninstall. However, Ad-Aware still shows up under
> Programs
> and Features. When I hit Uninstall again, it says "cannot open the
> install.log file". I can't find an install.log file. I am using Windows
> Vista Ultimate. When I search the entire computer for Ad-Aware, it does
> not
> show up.

RENEE

Re: Programs and Features

Thank you - that worked. However, it looks like CCleaner has hooked into
lots of other things. I'm afraid it might remove other items which I do not
want it to do. Is it a safe program, or should I now uninstall it? Does it
do the same thing as Windows disk cleaner?

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> You can download a program called "CCleaner" (http://www.ccleaner.com) and
> go to Tools, then select AdAware, and 'Delete Entry'. That will remove it
> from the Programs and Features uninstall list.
>
> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.VistaRIP.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>

> "RENEE" <RENEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have completely removed Ad-Aware by using the Control Panel - Programs
> >and
> > Features and then Uninstall. However, Ad-Aware still shows up under
> > Programs
> > and Features. When I hit Uninstall again, it says "cannot open the
> > install.log file". I can't find an install.log file. I am using Windows
> > Vista Ultimate. When I search the entire computer for Ad-Aware, it does
> > not
> > show up.

Dustin Harper

Re: Programs and Features
You can uninstall it if you'd like, but it does no harm being there. It does
do a similar job as the Windows disk cleaner, but on occasion (rarely, but
it does happen), it can erase some needed files.

--

> Thank you - that worked. However, it looks like CCleaner has hooked into
> lots of other things. I'm afraid it might remove other items which I do
> not
> want it to do. Is it a safe program, or should I now uninstall it? Does
> it
> do the same thing as Windows disk cleaner?
>

> "Dustin Harper" wrote:
>
>> You can download a program called "CCleaner" (http://www.ccleaner.com)
>> and
>> go to Tools, then select AdAware, and 'Delete Entry'. That will remove it
>> from the Programs and Features uninstall list.
>>
>> --
>> Dustin Harper
>> dharper@vistarip.com
>> http://www.VistaRIP.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>>

>> "RENEE" <RENEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have completely removed Ad-Aware by using the Control Panel - Programs
>> >and
>> > Features and then Uninstall. However, Ad-Aware still shows up under
>> > Programs
>> > and Features. When I hit Uninstall again, it says "cannot open the
>> > install.log file". I can't find an install.log file. I am using
>> > Windows
>> > Vista Ultimate. When I search the entire computer for Ad-Aware, it
>> > does
>> > not
>> > show up.

Brink

Re: Programs and Features

RENEE;596621 Wrote:
> Thank you - that worked. However, it looks like CCleaner has hooked into
> lots of other things. I'm afraid it might remove other items which I do
> not
> want it to do. Is it a safe program, or should I now uninstall it? Does
> it
> do the same thing as Windows disk cleaner?
>

> "Dustin Harper" wrote:
> > > >
> > > You can download a program called "CCleaner" ('CCleaner - Home'

> > (http://www.ccleaner.com)) and
> > > go to Tools, then select AdAware, and 'Delete Entry'. That will

> > remove it
> > > from the Programs and Features uninstall list.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Dustin Harper
> > > dharper@xxxxxx
> > > http://www.VistaRIP.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
> > >

> > > "RENEE" <RENEE@xxxxxx> wrote in message

RENEE,

CCleaner is a great program to have around to clean up temp files,
manage cookies, etc.... You can see a complete list of features at it's
website. I never hada problem with it messing anything up.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink