Vista giving me nightmares

James

Vista giving me nightmares
I am using Vista Business as my work platform on a laptop.

It has been giving non-stop trouble and I'm determined to solve it with your
help.

Where should I start??
All the office programs will not work, outlook, word and excel. Haven't
tried the others. It brings up an error about something in setup not found. I
have re-installed office 3 times! With no success. In fact I think problems
are worse.
These are the most obvious probems. Others are, trying to reinstall and
preparing for setup and trying to install a hybrid version???

Back to Vista:
I can't access my control panel from the start menu! I have to explore all
users and carefully enter control panel that way otherwise it immediately
shuts down with an error.

I have continous internet explorer problems recently as well. Hanging and
shutting down. Whats going on?

Don't microsoft pride themselves in quality products anymore?

There are other performance problem that are abound that I can't care to
list now.

But my other questions are: Will copying a back up of my pc help? Or will It
back up all the problems that are going on?

I hope someone can shed some light.

Frustrated Regards
James
Bob

Re: Vista giving me nightmares
Are you running more than one firewall?

"James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Vista Business as my work platform on a laptop.
>
> It has been giving non-stop trouble and I'm determined to solve it with
> your
> help.
>
> Where should I start??
> All the office programs will not work, outlook, word and excel. Haven't
> tried the others. It brings up an error about something in setup not
> found. I
> have re-installed office 3 times! With no success. In fact I think
> problems
> are worse.
> These are the most obvious probems. Others are, trying to reinstall and
> preparing for setup and trying to install a hybrid version???
>
> Back to Vista:
> I can't access my control panel from the start menu! I have to explore all
> users and carefully enter control panel that way otherwise it immediately
> shuts down with an error.
>
> I have continous internet explorer problems recently as well. Hanging and
> shutting down. Whats going on?
>
> Don't microsoft pride themselves in quality products anymore?
>
> There are other performance problem that are abound that I can't care to
> list now.
>
> But my other questions are: Will copying a back up of my pc help? Or will
> It
> back up all the problems that are going on?
>
> I hope someone can shed some light.
>
> Frustrated Regards
> James

rive0108

Re: Vista giving me nightmares

sounds like your operating systems is corrupted-this would explain
office problem,IE, etc.
You can either do a repair or reinstall. I think you should do a
destructive reformat and reintall.

--
rive0108