Corrupt table in Word. File not usable. Please help.

barelyabovewater

Corrupt table in Word. File not usable. Please help.
Hello. I have Windows Vista on a laptop and Windows XP on my desk. Both
systems have been used for a Word document I've been working on.
This Word document has a contents table and one other freestanding table.
One of them has become corrupt -- I do not know which one.
I see a discussion string about this, but the solution proposed there does
not work for me. When I open the document, I get the error message about the
corrupt file, but the cursor doesn't work, page down doesn't work, the down
arrow doesn't work, the links above doesn't work. The moment I click on the
document to get a cursor, Word no longer responds (I get the not responding
message up top), and then it just sits there. If I click again anywhere, the
document goes gray, and all I can do is close it.
Can you help me recover this document or at least print it out?
Thank you so much for any help.

Charlie42

Re: Corrupt table in Word. File not usable. Please help.
"barelyabovewater" <barelyabovewater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hello. I have Windows Vista on a laptop and Windows XP on my desk. Both
> systems have been used for a Word document I've been working on.
> This Word document has a contents table and one other freestanding table.
> One of them has become corrupt

<snip>

There are separate newsgroups for Microsoft Word, I suggest you post your
question in one of these two:

microsoft.public.word.tables
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US

microsoft.public.word.newusers
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US

Charlie42

barelyabovewater

Re: Corrupt table in Word. File not usable. Please help.
Thank you, Charlie42. You directed me to the right place. I received some
help this morning and was able to recover my information. I appreciate it.

"Charlie42" wrote:

> "barelyabovewater" <barelyabovewater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello. I have Windows Vista on a laptop and Windows XP on my desk. Both
> > systems have been used for a Word document I've been working on.
> > This Word document has a contents table and one other freestanding table.
> > One of them has become corrupt

> <snip>
>
> There are separate newsgroups for Microsoft Word, I suggest you post your
> question in one of these two:
>
> microsoft.public.word.tables
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US
>
> microsoft.public.word.newusers
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US
>
> Charlie42

Terry

Re: Corrupt table in Word. File not usable. Please help.

"barelyabovewater" <barelyabovewater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:8708FD4A-A099-4A67-8C4D-75CF06DD1F48@microsoft.com...
> Thank you, Charlie42. You directed me to the right place. I received some
> help this morning and was able to recover my information. I appreciate it.

Nice to hear that newsgroups are still useful.

Regards

fyz

Re: Corrupt table in Word. File not usable. Please help.

::Hi, ::

::There is a tool called Advanced Word Repair. I have used it to repair
many corrupt Word documents on my damaged disks successfully. Its
homepage is 'Advanced Word Repair - Powerful Word recovery tool. Recover
corrupt Word documents. Repair doc files.'
(http://www.datanumen.com/awr/) I'm not sure whether it will work for
your problem, maybe you can just try the free demo.::

--
fyz
Mick Murphy

Re: Corrupt table in Word. File not usable. Please help.
Why would anybody use that?
Word has its own Detect and Repair

Open Word, click on HELP> Detect and Repair
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia