Recycle Bin Missing

Petey

Recycle Bin Missing
I've had this unit for a week now and my recycle bin is missing and the
system won't restore, even to the earliest restore point (when i brought the
unit home). Anybody have any light they can shed on this subject? Next step
is back to factory settings (shades of XP or what?)
please help, if you can
hp pavilion 3 gigs ram - quad core processor 340 gig hd

John Barnett MVP

Re: Recycle Bin Missing
Are you sure you haven't deleted the recycle bin? See this link from my
website:
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/acciden...lebin_icon.htm

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows - Shell/User

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Petey" <lipc@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> I've had this unit for a week now and my recycle bin is missing and the
> system won't restore, even to the earliest restore point (when i brought
> the unit home). Anybody have any light they can shed on this subject? Next
> step is back to factory settings (shades of XP or what?)
> please help, if you can
> hp pavilion 3 gigs ram - quad core processor 340 gig hd

Rick Rogers

Re: Recycle Bin Missing
Hi,

HP would have its own proprietary recovery method, consult your
documentation on how to invoke it. Usually, it's a small volume at the
beginning of the drive that is accessed at startup.

Just a thought though, have you checked that the RB is enabled by right
clicking the desktop and choosing personalize? In the left column there is a
line regarding desktop icons and when you select it you will have an option
to enable/disable it as well as several others.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Petey" <lipc@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> I've had this unit for a week now and my recycle bin is missing and the
> system won't restore, even to the earliest restore point (when i brought
> the unit home). Anybody have any light they can shed on this subject? Next
> step is back to factory settings (shades of XP or what?)
> please help, if you can
> hp pavilion 3 gigs ram - quad core processor 340 gig hd

Dustin Harper

Re: Recycle Bin Missing
Here is how to get your recycle bin back if you removed it:
http://www.vistarip.com/e107_plugins...php?0.cat.6.12

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com