Restore fails with 0X8007001F

cewrx7r1

Restore fails with 0X8007001F
Restore (system protection) is on to "C" drive.

When I try to restore to any previous point, I get message saying that a
device attached to the system is not functioning (0X8007001F).

What device or system function is not working?

The system does make automatic BACKUP POINTS.

Bob

Re: Restore fails with 0X8007001F
Start your PC in Safe Mode and run System Restore from there.

"cewrx7r1" <cewrx7r1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Restore (system protection) is on to "C" drive.
>
> When I try to restore to any previous point, I get message saying that a
> device attached to the system is not functioning (0X8007001F).
>
> What device or system function is not working?
>
> The system does make automatic BACKUP POINTS.

cewrx7r1

Re: Restore fails with 0X8007001F
Since this post, I also turned on Drive "D" for restore and made a system
restore point, but it still will not restore. I'll try your suggestion.

"Bob" wrote:

> Start your PC in Safe Mode and run System Restore from there.
>
> "cewrx7r1" <cewrx7r1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Restore (system protection) is on to "C" drive.
> >
> > When I try to restore to any previous point, I get message saying that a
> > device attached to the system is not functioning (0X8007001F).
> >
> > What device or system function is not working?
> >
> > The system does make automatic BACKUP POINTS.

Bob

Re: Restore fails with 0X8007001F
Ok, post the results.

> Since this post, I also turned on Drive "D" for restore and made a system
> restore point, but it still will not restore. I'll try your suggestion.
>

> "Bob" wrote:
>
>> Start your PC in Safe Mode and run System Restore from there.
>>
>> "cewrx7r1" <cewrx7r1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Restore (system protection) is on to "C" drive.
>> >
>> > When I try to restore to any previous point, I get message saying that
>> > device attached to the system is not functioning (0X8007001F).
>> >
>> > What device or system function is not working?
>> >
>> > The system does make automatic BACKUP POINTS.

cewrx7r1

Re: Restore fails with 0X8007001F
It still will not restore while in normal mode. It only restores in SAFE mode.

"Bob" wrote:

> Ok, post the results.
>
> "cewrx7r1" <cewrx7r1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Since this post, I also turned on Drive "D" for restore and made a system
> > restore point, but it still will not restore. I'll try your suggestion.
> >

> > "Bob" wrote:
> >
> >> Start your PC in Safe Mode and run System Restore from there.

Bob

Re: Restore fails with 0X8007001F
I'm at a loss.

What "devices" do you have?

> It still will not restore while in normal mode. It only restores in SAFE
> mode.
>
> "Bob" wrote:
>
>> Ok, post the results.
>>
>> "cewrx7r1" <cewrx7r1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Since this post, I also turned on Drive "D" for restore and made a
>> > system
>> > restore point, but it still will not restore. I'll try your suggestion.

cewrx7r1

Re: Restore fails with 0X8007001F
Only a scanner and printer.