System Sleeps. Will Not Wake Up.

TheComputerWizard@Gmail.com

System Sleeps. Will Not Wake Up.
Anyone want a used copy of Windows Vista Ultimate? I am about ready to put
this one up on eBay since Microsoft has decided not to support it as well as
XP.

I leave the system on overnight doing defrag. In the morning I find the
screen blank and the system is unresponsive to any mouse or keyboard activity
including the three finger salute. The screen saver and power saver features
are turned off.
Carl G

Re: System Sleeps. Will Not Wake Up.
My Vista ultimate works ok . No problems. BUT I bet you won't get many
takers on the give away.

Snuffy

<TheComputerWizardGmailcom@discussions.microsoft.c om> wrote in message
> Anyone want a used copy of Windows Vista Ultimate? I am about ready to
> put
> this one up on eBay since Microsoft has decided not to support it as well
> as
> XP.
>
> I leave the system on overnight doing defrag. In the morning I find the
> screen blank and the system is unresponsive to any mouse or keyboard
> activity
> including the three finger salute. The screen saver and power saver
> features
> are turned off.

Dave

Re: System Sleeps. Will Not Wake Up.
If it's a giveaway, I'll gladly take it.

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
> My Vista ultimate works ok . No problems. BUT I bet you won't get many
> takers on the give away.
>
> Snuffy
>
> "TheComputerWizard@Gmail.com"
> <TheComputerWizardGmailcom@discussions.microsoft.c om> wrote in message
>> Anyone want a used copy of Windows Vista Ultimate? I am about ready to
>> put
>> this one up on eBay since Microsoft has decided not to support it as well
>> as
>> XP.
>>
>> I leave the system on overnight doing defrag. In the morning I find the
>> screen blank and the system is unresponsive to any mouse or keyboard
>> activity
>> including the three finger salute. The screen saver and power saver
>> features
>> are turned off.

Bob

Re: System Sleeps. Will Not Wake Up.
Go to Advance Power Settings.
Set hard drive to turn off a minute or 2 before sleep.
Set Hybrid and Hibernate modes to "Off"
Under USB settings select "Disable"
Under Multimedia select "Allow ....."

"TheComputerWizard@Gmail.com"
<TheComputerWizardGmailcom@discussions.microsoft.c om> wrote in message
> Anyone want a used copy of Windows Vista Ultimate? I am about ready to
> put
> this one up on eBay since Microsoft has decided not to support it as well
> as
> XP.
>
> I leave the system on overnight doing defrag. In the morning I find the
> screen blank and the system is unresponsive to any mouse or keyboard
> activity
> including the three finger salute. The screen saver and power saver
> features
> are turned off.

Brink

TheComputerWizard;593209 Wrote:
> Anyone want a used copy of Windows Vista Ultimate? I am about ready to
> put
> this one up on eBay since Microsoft has decided not to support it as
> well as
> XP.
>
> I leave the system on overnight doing defrag. In the morning I find the
> screen blank and the system is unresponsive to any mouse or keyboard
> activity
> including the three finger salute. The screen saver and power saver
> features
> are turned off.

Hi TheComputerWizard,

See if this can help you find and fix your sleep mode problem. You
might check your BIOS S1 or S3 settings.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63...-problems.html

Shawn

--
Brink