No sleep mode/hibernate mode; no screen saver

Julie

No sleep mode/hibernate mode; no screen saver
When I got a wireless mouse for my computer, I had problems with the
screensaver. I did download the optional update that fixed that problem (I
don't remember the exact name, but it was something about non-user HID
something or other). The screensaver worked for a bit, but now it has
stopped. Also, no matter what my power settings are, my computer stays on
the same power mode all the time--no change if I unplug it, if I set it to
hibernate, etc. Someone mentioned something about an external monitor--I
don't have an external monitor, but my settings say I do (even though I have
never plugged another monitor into my computer). Can someone help? I would
like my screensaver and power settings back. Thanks!
Mark

Re: No sleep mode/hibernate mode; no screen saver
Wonderfully detailed instructions, with pictures:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63...-problems.html
(Works for both x86 and x64)

"Julie" <Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I got a wireless mouse for my computer, I had problems with the
> screensaver. I did download the optional update that fixed that problem

(I
> don't remember the exact name, but it was something about non-user HID
> something or other). The screensaver worked for a bit, but now it has
> stopped. Also, no matter what my power settings are, my computer stays on
> the same power mode all the time--no change if I unplug it, if I set it to
> hibernate, etc. Someone mentioned something about an external monitor--I
> don't have an external monitor, but my settings say I do (even though I

have
> never plugged another monitor into my computer). Can someone help? I

would
> like my screensaver and power settings back. Thanks!

halwizardoflittle

RE: No sleep mode/hibernate mode; no screen saver
Julie go to the start button click it; at the line where it says start
search,click one, then type in command prompt and hit enter. above the area
where you just entered, you will see "command prompt". click right and a box
will come up withh a choice of run as administrator. select that. then a
black background DOS box will come up with "C:\Windows|system32>" here type
in 'powercfg -h on' (no quotes) to get back your hibernate function. to
get the sleep function type 'powercfg -s on' no quotes. this should fix
you up. not sure about the screen saver problem yet but i'll see if I can
come up wth anythign for ya