hard to describe vista problem

jefnert

hard to describe vista problem
I have a dell XPS 410 running Vista Home with 2 gig of memory. My problem is
that some times vista will say that my outlook email program is not load when
it is clearly running. Then on one of my games the the back ground will go
black. If I try to open a program it will tell me the files don't exist.

It kind of like it loses it registry or memory and I have to restart or shut
down. After that it runs fine for a day or so and then does it all again is
there an update for this. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?
R. C. White

Re: hard to describe vista problem
Hi, Jefnert.

Have you scanned your computer for viruses or other malware? Lately?

Please quote exactly the error message that says Outlook is not running.
Which version of Outlook: XP or 2003 or some other?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"jefnert" <jefnert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a dell XPS 410 running Vista Home with 2 gig of memory. My problem
> is
> that some times vista will say that my outlook email program is not load
> when
> it is clearly running. Then on one of my games the the back ground will
> go
> black. If I try to open a program it will tell me the files don't exist.
>
> It kind of like it loses it registry or memory and I have to restart or
> shut
> down. After that it runs fine for a day or so and then does it all again
> is
> there an update for this. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?

LoneStar

Re: hard to describe vista problem

"jefnert" <jefnert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a dell XPS 410 running Vista Home with 2 gig of memory. My problem

is
> that some times vista will say that my outlook email program is not load

when
> it is clearly running. Then on one of my games the the back ground will

go
> black. If I try to open a program it will tell me the files don't exist.
>
> It kind of like it loses it registry or memory and I have to restart or

shut
> down. After that it runs fine for a day or so and then does it all again

is
> there an update for this. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Do you have any idea WHEN this started to happen? If so, you should perform
a System Restore to a date before that. This almost always works for me.
Note that whatever you installed will be gone after the restore date.

I have the exact same system as you and it works perfectly -- no problems,
except with file sharing between my XP system with Vista. This is a problem
a LOT of people have, but it will NEVER be fixed because no one cares.

EW

Xenomorph

Re: hard to describe vista problem
It may be hard to describe, but you need to try harder.

Programs don't say "files don't exist". A specific file is usually
mentioned.

Vista doesn't randomly say something like "not load" (whatever that means).
Were you trying to load Outlook and got a message about something not