I cannot change my desktop background

SerenityMay

I cannot change my desktop background
When I try to change my desktop background it comes up with a message that
says, program disabled contact you system administrator. I know I did not
disable this option myself and no one else uses my computer. How do I get the
option to work again?
Brink

Re: I cannot change my desktop background

SerenityMay;589268 Wrote:
> When I try to change my desktop background it comes up with a message
> that
> says, program disabled contact you system administrator. I know I did
> not
> disable this option myself and no one else uses my computer. How do I
> get the
> option to work again?

Hi SerenityMay,

Check using METHOD ONE or METHOD TWO, that STEP ONE and STEP are
enabled to see if this can resolve your problem for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...nt-change.html

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
SerenityMay

Re: I cannot change my desktop background
Thank you so much!!!

SerenityMay;590608 Wrote:
> Thank you so much!!!
>
> "Brink" wrote:
> > > >

> > > SerenityMay;589268 Wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi SerenityMay,
> > >
> > > Check using METHOD ONE or METHOD TWO, that STEP ONE and STEP are
> > > enabled to see if this can resolve your problem for you.
> > >

> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...nt-change.html
> > >
> > > Shawn
> > >

> > > --
> > > Brink
> > >
> > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> > > '*Vista Forums*'
> > > (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
> > > *Please post feedback to help others.*

Your welcome SerenityMay.

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Doreen

Re: I cannot change my desktop background
This is the exact problem I am having. However, I am unable to use the link
provided below. I get the message that IE cannot display this page. Is this
website still available?

Doreen;612252 Wrote:
> This is the exact problem I am having. However, I am unable to use the
> link
> provided below. I get the message that IE cannot display this page. Is
> this
> website still available?
>
> "Brink" wrote:
> > > >

> > > SerenityMay;589268 Wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi SerenityMay,
> > >
> > > Check using METHOD ONE or METHOD TWO, that STEP ONE and STEP are
> > > enabled to see if this can resolve your problem for you.
> > >

> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...nt-change.html
> > >
> > > Shawn
> > >

> > > --
> > > Brink
> > >
> > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> > > '*Vista Forums*'
> > > (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
> > > *Please post feedback to help others.*

Hi Doreen,

It is working fine for me. Here it is in text form. Just remove the
space between http and ://

http
://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/107383-desktop-background-wallpaper-prevent-change.html

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
mwong911

Re: I cannot change my desktop background
The link provided to the tutorial no longer works. Any other suggestions
please?

"Brink" wrote:

> SerenityMay;589268 Wrote:
> > When I try to change my desktop background it comes up with a message
> > that
> > says, program disabled contact you system administrator. I know I did
> > not
> > disable this option myself and no one else uses my computer. How do I
> > get the
> > option to work again?

> Hi SerenityMay,
>
> Check using METHOD ONE or METHOD TWO, that STEP ONE and STEP are
> enabled to see if this can resolve your problem for you.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...nt-change.html
>
> Shawn
>

> --
> Brink

> '*Vista Forums*'
> (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)

Rick Rogers

Re: I cannot change my desktop background
Still works from here. I would paste the instructions, but they contain
multiple images and links to .reg files. Clear your temporary internet files
and retry the link.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"mwong911" <mwong911@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The link provided to the tutorial no longer works. Any other suggestions
> please?
>
> "Brink" wrote:
>

>> SerenityMay;589268 Wrote:
>> > When I try to change my desktop background it comes up with a message
>> > that
>> > says, program disabled contact you system administrator. I know I did
>> > not
>> > disable this option myself and no one else uses my computer. How do I
>> > get the
>> > option to work again?

>> Hi SerenityMay,
>>
>> Check using METHOD ONE or METHOD TWO, that STEP ONE and STEP are
>> enabled to see if this can resolve your problem for you.
>>
>> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...nt-change.html
>>
>> Shawn
>>

>> --
>> Brink
>>
>> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
>> '*Vista Forums*'
>> (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
>> *Please post feedback to help others.*

mwong911

Re: I cannot change my desktop background
Thanks. It takes restarting the machine, running the attachment, and
restarting again, then it might reinstate the "desktop background" option in
"personalize", or it might not. Mysterious.
Thanks a million.