Permissions

Bob

Permissions
Is there a way to get full permission over the registry editor? And if so
how?. I need to remove some registry keys and it will not allow me, even
when im on the key and goto permissions. continues to say you do not have
permission even when I check the keys that are blank. Will not ever let me
check special permission..
Thanks,
Bob
Malke

Re: Permissions
Bob wrote:
> Is there a way to get full permission over the registry editor? And if so
> how?. I need to remove some registry keys and it will not allow me, even
> when im on the key and goto permissions. continues to say you do not have
> permission even when I check the keys that are blank. Will not ever let me
> check special permission..
> Thanks,
> Bob

Start Orb>Search box>type: regedit [enter]

When regedit appears above, right-click it and choose "run as
Administrator".

So my guess that you hadn't done the two things I suggested in your
other thread was correct, eh?

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Bob

Re: Permissions

"Malke" wrote:

> Bob wrote:
> > Is there a way to get full permission over the registry editor? And if so
> > how?. I need to remove some registry keys and it will not allow me, even
> > when im on the key and goto permissions. continues to say you do not have
> > permission even when I check the keys that are blank. Will not ever let me
> > check special permission..
> > Thanks,
> > Bob

> Start Orb>Search box>type: regedit [enter]
>
> When regedit appears above, right-click it and choose "run as
> Administrator".
>
> So my guess that you hadn't done the two things I suggested in your
> other thread was correct, eh?
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
> It will not show anywhere to run as administrator. regedit appears but nowhere while right clicking does it give the option to run as ad.....

Malke

Re: Permissions
Bob wrote:

>> It will not show anywhere to run as administrator. regedit appears but nowhere while right clicking does it give the option to run as ad.....

Are you working from a user account with administrative privileges as
opposed to a standard user? I can't think of any other reason why you
wouldn't have the right-click option to "run as Administrator" (and I'm
not sure that you still wouldn't have that option with a standard user).
Do you have UAC turned off? If yes, try turning it on again.

Other than that, I'm afraid I don't know why you don't have the option
unless the computer is badly infected. Hopefully someone else will have
the answer for you. I'm sorry I was unable to help you with this.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
AJR

Re: Permissions
Bob -Regarding the instructions

"...Start Orb>Search box>type: regedit [enter] When regedit appears above,
right-click it and choose "run as
Administrator"...."

disregard the "enter" following "regedit" - right click as directed.

""Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to get full permission over the registry editor? And if so
> how?. I need to remove some registry keys and it will not allow me, even
> when im on the key and goto permissions. continues to say you do not have
> permission even when I check the keys that are blank. Will not ever let me
> check special permission..
> Thanks,
> Bob

Malke

Re: Permissions
AJR wrote:
> Bob -Regarding the instructions
>
> "...Start Orb>Search box>type: regedit [enter] When regedit appears above,
> right-click it and choose "run as
> Administrator"...."
>
> disregard the "enter" following "regedit" - right click as directed.

Thanks, AJR. My error in including [enter] in the instructions (just
habit and I should have proofread better). Hope that's the only reason
the OP wasn't able to run regedit elevated. Thanks again for catching my
mistake.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
R. C. White

Re: Permissions
Hi, Bob.

Have you tried running RegEdit from an Administrator:Command Prompt window?

Start | All Programs | Accessories, right-click on Command Prompt, then Run
as Administrator. You'll need Administrator credentials to get past this
point.

This should open the usual Command Prompt window (We old-timers still often
incorrectly call it a "DOS window"), but the Title Bar should say,
"Administrator:Command Prompt". Any .exe file run from this window should
automatically "run elevated". (I find this very useful and I use it often,
so I've put it a shortcut into my Quick Launch - but it still needs the
password every time I open this window.)

Then, in this window, just type "regedit" and press Enter.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to get full permission over the registry editor? And if so
> how?. I need to remove some registry keys and it will not allow me, even
> when im on the key and goto permissions. continues to say you do not have
> permission even when I check the keys that are blank. Will not ever let me
> check special permission..
> Thanks,
> Bob

Brink

Re: Permissions

Bob;588490 Wrote:
> Is there a way to get full permission over the registry editor? And if
> so
> how?. I need to remove some registry keys and it will not allow me,
> even
> when im on the key and goto permissions. continues to say you do not
> have
> permission even when I check the keys that are blank. Will not ever let
> me
> check special permission..
> Thanks,
> Bob

Hi Bob,

You will just need to take ownership of the registry key to delete or
modify it when denied. METHOD TWO step 3 in this tutorial will show you
how to do it.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67...ship-file.html

Shawn

--