failure - security options logon process has failed to create dial

jlk

failure - security options logon process has failed to create dial
On a daily basis, my computer slows to a crawl. Control Atl delete yields,
after a long black screen, “failure - security options” “logon process has
failed to create the security options dialog.”Have run complete checkdisk and
hard drive tests and everything comes up okay. No events shown in event
viewer. I see postings of this problem all over the internet but no
solutions. Anyone at Microsoft have an idea?
Heather1995

RE: failure - security options logon process has failed to create dial
I've had the same problem, and mine even begins when I first turn the
computer on. It boots up VERY slowly, and when I try to open internet
explorer, or any other programs that I have on my computer they either won't
open, or after a couple of minutes they lock up and say "Not Responding".
When I ctrl-alt-del the same thing happens...black screen and then the same
error message. After extensive research on the web, with suggestions such as
replacing your entire hard drive (and since I got my computer a month ago,
definitely not feasible), I found a suggestion that actually worked for me.
I had an antivirus software installed which included spyware software, and
then I also added another spyware software as well, figuring that what one
didn't catch, another would. Apparently there is some sort of software
conflict in having both these programs together, even if they don't run at
the same time. I uninstalled the second spyware program, rebooted, and now
my computer is as fast as it was the first day I got it, and the cntl-alt-del
works normally.
jlk

RE: failure - security options logon process has failed to create
Thanks for the suggestion. I run only Trend Micro Internet Security and never
have used another virus/spyware program. (I turned off Microsoft's security.)
Symantec came on the computer, but I removed it right away. Following up on
your suggestion, I cleaned my registry and then manually removed any mention
of Symantec or Norton. (They never remove cleanly.) I'll let you know if it
continues to happen. I hope this does it!

"Heather1995" wrote:

> I've had the same problem, and mine even begins when I first turn the
> computer on. It boots up VERY slowly, and when I try to open internet
> explorer, or any other programs that I have on my computer they either won't
> open, or after a couple of minutes they lock up and say "Not Responding".
> When I ctrl-alt-del the same thing happens...black screen and then the same
> error message. After extensive research on the web, with suggestions such as
> replacing your entire hard drive (and since I got my computer a month ago,
> definitely not feasible), I found a suggestion that actually worked for me.
> I had an antivirus software installed which included spyware software, and
> then I also added another spyware software as well, figuring that what one
> didn't catch, another would. Apparently there is some sort of software
> conflict in having both these programs together, even if they don't run at
> the same time. I uninstalled the second spyware program, rebooted, and now
> my computer is as fast as it was the first day I got it, and the cntl-alt-del
> works normally.

Heather1995

RE: failure - security options logon process has failed to create
Yes, do let me know if that works. With all the postings on the internet of
people that are having this problem and virtually no solutions listed by
anyone (including Microsoft), I'm curious about this.

jlk

RE: failure - security options logon process has failed to create
Unfortunately, that did not solve the problem. But I've discovered that it
happens when vista backup (set to backup to an external western digital
mybook drive) comes on automatically, and I happen to start a progam. The
program then crashes, the physical ram gauge spikes to 99% and gets stuck
there, and everything slows to a crawl. Control ALT Delete will then
(evenually) cause the logon error message. Then, unplugging the external
drive will eventually get the physical ram gauge to go down (to about 15%)
and the machine's performance will improve but not come back to normal. Only
rebooting makes it useable again. For now, I'm going to disable automatic
vista backup and see what happens.

"Heather1995" wrote:

> Yes, do let me know if that works. With all the postings on the internet of
> people that are having this problem and virtually no solutions listed by
> anyone (including Microsoft), I'm curious about this.

lostonion

RE: failure - security options logon process has failed to create
I down loaded spyware doctor 5.5 with antivirus, took off AVG
and installed and ran the new one. Found a few things but nothing bad.
Searching on the internet proved that no one really has a clue.

Except for the posts on bad hard drives. I have two 500gigs a maxtor as
drive 1 and WD as drive 2 downloaded and ran tests, S.M.A.R.T was fine on all
drives. Drive tests also tested good except for one small problem. My SATA
cable was causing an error. I changed the cable and so far all is well
almost 24 hours with out a slowdown or error.

Off all the posts I have read none had suggested changing the HD cable.

"jlk" wrote:

> Unfortunately, that did not solve the problem. But I've discovered that it
> happens when vista backup (set to backup to an external western digital
> mybook drive) comes on automatically, and I happen to start a progam. The
> program then crashes, the physical ram gauge spikes to 99% and gets stuck
> there, and everything slows to a crawl. Control ALT Delete will then
> (evenually) cause the logon error message. Then, unplugging the external
> drive will eventually get the physical ram gauge to go down (to about 15%)
> and the machine's performance will improve but not come back to normal. Only
> rebooting makes it useable again. For now, I'm going to disable automatic
> vista backup and see what happens.
>
> "Heather1995" wrote:
>
> > Yes, do let me know if that works. With all the postings on the internet of
> > people that are having this problem and virtually no solutions listed by
> > anyone (including Microsoft), I'm curious about this.
> >
> > The slow down "bug" got me a week ago! Thought it was a virus or some bad malware. I thought the computer was locked up but the cursor would still move, it was just really was just really slow, taking 3 or 4 minutes to respond to a mouse click!

Jim

Now it's my turn to suffer...
Now I've got it too on a new laptop. I believe at time(s) of occurrence, I’m
“pushing” the laptop with multiple screens and clicking faster than it wants
to react and then…

The open screen hazes over to opaque whitish colour accompanied with
non-operational keys and mouse, then the screen goes black, the mouse cursor
is visible and movable but I cannot right click and get any anything to
happen. The keyboard does not produce
anything except an alt-ctrl-del which brings up a dialog box…

Titled: Login process has failed to create the security options dialog
with a dialog message of: Failure - Security Options
Only steps I can get to work to proceed:
Shut down (hard/improper via OFF button) and then restart in SAFE mode; wait
to load software completely, then restart in normal mode.
It’s happened a few items with multiple web pages open, with me trying to
download faster than I’m allowed. Also, it’s occurred in MS Outlook with
perhaps 4 messages open and trying to attach a file to a response. File was
a single page MSWord in .rtf format, text only.
It’s not consistent. Google search with key words from error message show
this is not just a Toshiba issue.

C'mon MS, this shouldn't be happening. Somebody help us. Jim

Tony274

RE: Now it's my turn to suffer...

"Jim" wrote:

> Now I've got it too on a new laptop. I believe at time(s) of occurrence, I’m
> “pushing” the laptop with multiple screens and clicking faster than it wants
> to react and then…
>
> The open screen hazes over to opaque whitish colour accompanied with
> non-operational keys and mouse, then the screen goes black, the mouse cursor
> is visible and movable but I cannot right click and get any anything to
> happen. The keyboard does not produce
> anything except an alt-ctrl-del which brings up a dialog box…
>
> Titled: Login process has failed to create the security options dialog
> with a dialog message of: Failure - Security Options
> Only steps I can get to work to proceed:
> Shut down (hard/improper via OFF button) and then restart in SAFE mode; wait
> to load software completely, then restart in normal mode.
> It’s happened a few items with multiple web pages open, with me trying to
> download faster than I’m allowed. Also, it’s occurred in MS Outlook with
> perhaps 4 messages open and trying to attach a file to a response. File was
> a single page MSWord in .rtf format, text only.
> It’s not consistent. Google search with key words from error message show
> this is not just a Toshiba issue.
>
> C'mon MS, this shouldn't be happening. Somebody help us. Jim

Kingmob08

Re: failure - security options logon process has failed to create dial

This last post describes exactly what I was experiencing. The same
opaque windows, the same lockup and the same black screen before getting
the error message. The last resort being holding the on/off button down
and rebooting.

Now I'm having problems loading up in safe mode and if it turns out
that the repeated on/off button shutdowns have damaged my HD I will be
pursuing this with Microsoft.

I'm at a complete loss. Any further help/updates?

Thanks.

--
Kingmob08
scousePete

RE: failure - security options logon process has failed to create
I've been getting the same error - this was after installing SP1 the other
week. Has anyone found a fix for this yet? Or has Microsoft released a patch?