Reliability Monitor not working...

Russ W

Reliability Monitor not working...
I sometimes check the Windows Reliability and Performance monitor on my Vista
Home Premium system. For the past three weeks, when I click on the
Reliability Monitor, an error message displays saying that 24 hours is needed
before accurately collecting Reliability data and if this message shows after
that the data could be corrupted and the service will start again.

The problem.... it never runs. On my other three computers running Vista
Home Premium, I have no problems whatsoever regarding the Reliability Monitor.

Anyone have suggestions on how I can repair and/or get the Reliability
Monitor working again?

Oh, the Performance Monitor (CPU usage, memory usage, etc) works fine, it's
the line graph Reliability Monitor that's not working.

Thanks.
~~ Russ
Spirit

Re: Reliability Monitor not working...
This might apply to your situation, I would also check SERVICES to see if
something is not
running... not on a Vista system now so can't tell you what to look for
there.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937085/en-us

"Russ W" <RussW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I sometimes check the Windows Reliability and Performance monitor on my
>Vista
> Home Premium system. For the past three weeks, when I click on the
> Reliability Monitor, an error message displays saying that 24 hours is
> needed
> before accurately collecting Reliability data and if this message shows
> after
> that the data could be corrupted and the service will start again.
>
> The problem.... it never runs. On my other three computers running Vista
> Home Premium, I have no problems whatsoever regarding the Reliability
> Monitor.
>
> Anyone have suggestions on how I can repair and/or get the Reliability
> Monitor working again?
>
> Oh, the Performance Monitor (CPU usage, memory usage, etc) works fine,
> it's
> the line graph Reliability Monitor that's not working.
>
> Thanks.
> ~~ Russ

Russ W

Re: Reliability Monitor not working...
Nope... still not working. All necessary services running. I even tried the
various fixes that are in other message threads regarding this same issue.

Still no Reliability Monitor (the graph that shows system stability).

anyone else have ideas?
~~ Russ

"Spirit" wrote:

> This might apply to your situation, I would also check SERVICES to see if
> something is not
> running... not on a Vista system now so can't tell you what to look for
> there.

> "Russ W" <RussW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I sometimes check the Windows Reliability and Performance monitor on my
> >Vista
> > Home Premium system. For the past three weeks, when I click on the
> > Reliability Monitor, an error message displays saying that 24 hours is
> > needed
> > before accurately collecting Reliability data and if this message shows
> > after
> > that the data could be corrupted and the service will start again.
> >
> > The problem.... it never runs. On my other three computers running Vista
> > Home Premium, I have no problems whatsoever regarding the Reliability
> > Monitor.
> >
> > Anyone have suggestions on how I can repair and/or get the Reliability
> > Monitor working again?
> >
> > Oh, the Performance Monitor (CPU usage, memory usage, etc) works fine,
> > it's
> > the line graph Reliability Monitor that's not working.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > ~~ Russ

Russ W

RE: Reliability Monitor not working...
Ok... I figured out how to get it working:
I basically followed the steps outlined elsewhere which is:
1. Go to Control Panel and then Folder Options
2. Show Hidden Files and Folders
3. Show (unhide) Protected Operating System Files
4. Apply
5. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\RAC
6. Double click PublishedData and delete all entries
7. Back out one level and then go into StateData
8. Delete all entries
10. Right click and select Properties
11. Go to the Security tab
12. Create FULL CONTROL (or at least MODIFY) permissions for the LOCAL
SERVICE (you will most likely have to add LOCAL SERVICE to the list of
users/owners)
13. Click Apply and OK as necessary to exit
14. Open a command prompt WITH ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEGES (Run as
Administrator) (right click on command prompt and select Run As Admin)
15. Type RACAgent
16. This will take anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes to perform
depending on how involved things are
17. Voila! Reliability Monitor and Stability Index are working once again.
18. DON'T FORGET to go back into Control Panel...Folder Options and undo
what you did to unhide the hidden files and such.

THis worked for me. I'm not sure if it will work for everyone.

"Russ W" wrote:

> I sometimes check the Windows Reliability and Performance monitor on my Vista
> Home Premium system. For the past three weeks, when I click on the
> Reliability Monitor, an error message displays saying that 24 hours is needed
> before accurately collecting Reliability data and if this message shows after
> that the data could be corrupted and the service will start again.
>
> The problem.... it never runs. On my other three computers running Vista
> Home Premium, I have no problems whatsoever regarding the Reliability Monitor.
>
> Anyone have suggestions on how I can repair and/or get the Reliability
> Monitor working again?
>
> Oh, the Performance Monitor (CPU usage, memory usage, etc) works fine, it's
> the line graph Reliability Monitor that's not working.
>
> Thanks.
> ~~ Russ

mrkaras

Re: Reliability Monitor not working...

I saw somewhere and interesting suguestion; what date was it when you
installed, was it in the future (2099 perhaps), if so then that may be
it. to undo that you need to run C:\Windows\System32\oobe\msoobe.exe and
procede through, that will reset something and the reliability monitor
will work the next day, or it did for me anyway. ofcorse, if you are
relying on the install date to do soemthing else to the system, I
suspect all your good work there will also be broken

--
mrkaras