removal of netscape registry key

Bob

removal of netscape registry key
Do not have permission. tried all I know and still have no permission to
remove this key that is preventing me to install adobe acrobat. Netscape is
not on this computer except the key. HKEY_CURRENT_USER_\SOFTWARE\Netscape....
Who designed an os that wont let the administrator-owner-user to do what is
needed? Sorry but this is ridiculous. Any assistance would be appreciated.
UAC is off, system is up to date. Vista 32 bit. running amd dual core. system
is clean of spyware and invalid registry entries (except this one)
Thank you again for assistance
Bob Hodgson
Malke

Re: removal of netscape registry key
Bob wrote:
> Do not have permission. tried all I know and still have no permission to
> remove this key that is preventing me to install adobe acrobat. Netscape is
> not on this computer except the key. HKEY_CURRENT_USER_\SOFTWARE\Netscape....
> Who designed an os that wont let the administrator-owner-user to do what is
> needed? Sorry but this is ridiculous. Any assistance would be appreciated.
> UAC is off, system is up to date. Vista 32 bit. running amd dual core. system
> is clean of spyware and invalid registry entries (except this one)
> Thank you again for assistance
> Bob Hodgson

Since you didn't specify what "tried all I know" entails, you may have
already done this:

1. Run regedit elevated. Navigate to the key.
2. Right-click the key and take ownership of it.

I rather doubt that the Netscape key is causing your issue, though. I
got clients running the full Adobe Acrobat and I've installed dozens of
Adobe Readers on Vista machines and never had to mess about with any
Netscape key. But perhaps you got this information directly from Adobe
support and they would certainly be the ones to know.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
mikeyhsd

Re: removal of netscape registry key
instead of messing with the registry.
try downloading the adobe uninstaller from the adobe site. then try to install it again.

if that does not help.
try running the adobe installer as administrator.
do this by right click on the installer and select "run as administrator".

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com