Windows Restart During Hibernation

QueenMoron

Windows Restart During Hibernation
Very often, but not always, my computer will restart during hibernation.
Occasionally, after the restart it will give me an error message to the
effect of "Windows had to shut down unexpectedly...". Very occasionally, it
will tell me it was a hard drive error associated with hibernation. Any
suggestions would be appreciated. On another note (I believe this is
unrelated but who knows), occasionally (about 5 times in 2 months) during
hibernation the computer will just go blank and nothing I do can bring it
back. I am not even able to power it off. The only way to get anything back
is to remove the battery and put it back in and then I can restart. Thanks
for any help.
Bob

Re: Windows Restart During Hibernation
Try this: Set your hard drive to turn off a couple of minutes before
hibernate.

"QueenMoron" <QueenMoron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Very often, but not always, my computer will restart during hibernation.
> Occasionally, after the restart it will give me an error message to the
> effect of "Windows had to shut down unexpectedly...". Very occasionally,
> it
> will tell me it was a hard drive error associated with hibernation. Any
> suggestions would be appreciated. On another note (I believe this is
> unrelated but who knows), occasionally (about 5 times in 2 months) during
> hibernation the computer will just go blank and nothing I do can bring it
> back. I am not even able to power it off. The only way to get anything
> back
> is to remove the battery and put it back in and then I can restart.
> Thanks
> for any help.

QueenMoron

Re: Windows Restart During Hibernation
And how do I do that? Thanks.

"Bob" wrote:

> Try this: Set your hard drive to turn off a couple of minutes before
> hibernate.
>
> "QueenMoron" <QueenMoron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Very often, but not always, my computer will restart during hibernation.
> > Occasionally, after the restart it will give me an error message to the
> > effect of "Windows had to shut down unexpectedly...". Very occasionally,
> > it
> > will tell me it was a hard drive error associated with hibernation. Any
> > suggestions would be appreciated. On another note (I believe this is
> > unrelated but who knows), occasionally (about 5 times in 2 months) during
> > hibernation the computer will just go blank and nothing I do can bring it
> > back. I am not even able to power it off. The only way to get anything
> > back
> > is to remove the battery and put it back in and then I can restart.
> > Thanks
> > for any help.

Bob

Re: Windows Restart During Hibernation
Control Panel>Power Options>Change Plan Settings>Change Advanced Power
Settings

> And how do I do that? Thanks.
>
> "Bob" wrote:
>
>> Try this: Set your hard drive to turn off a couple of minutes before
>> hibernate.
>>
>> "QueenMoron" <QueenMoron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Very often, but not always, my computer will restart during
>> > hibernation.
>> > Occasionally, after the restart it will give me an error message to the
>> > effect of "Windows had to shut down unexpectedly...". Very
>> > occasionally,
>> > it
>> > will tell me it was a hard drive error associated with hibernation.
>> > Any
>> > suggestions would be appreciated. On another note (I believe this is
>> > unrelated but who knows), occasionally (about 5 times in 2 months)
>> > during
>> > hibernation the computer will just go blank and nothing I do can bring
>> > it
>> > back. I am not even able to power it off. The only way to get
>> > anything
>> > back
>> > is to remove the battery and put it back in and then I can restart.
>> > Thanks
>> > for any help.

KA Kueh

Re: Windows Restart During Hibernation
Hi,

From experience, the symptoms that you are experiencing is one of impending
hardware failure. One way is to try to resit all connectors on the system
board. One more thing to do is to run exhaustive hardware diagnostics, you
can try prime95

http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

Regards,
Kueh.