Word XP and SP3 on Vista

Benzmum

Word XP and SP3 on Vista
I have Office XP (2002) installed on Vista. Word was working fine until I
downloaded a number of recommended Windows Updates. Then it behaved
strangely, so I restored my computer to the day before I installed the
updates. Now Word is working fine again, but I'm getting an Update message to
install SP3. I'm skittish about doing so because I don't want Word to start
acting up again. Anyone have advice here?
AlanP

Re: Word XP and SP3 on Vista
I have Word XP Installed on Vista with ALL the currently available updates -
it works fine!
AlanP

"Benzmum" <Benzmum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Office XP (2002) installed on Vista. Word was working fine until I
> downloaded a number of recommended Windows Updates. Then it behaved
> strangely, so I restored my computer to the day before I installed the
> updates. Now Word is working fine again, but I'm getting an Update message
> install SP3. I'm skittish about doing so because I don't want Word to
> start
> acting up again. Anyone have advice here?

Benzmum

Re: Word XP and SP3 on Vista
Is it Word 2002?

"AlanP" wrote:

> I have Word XP Installed on Vista with ALL the currently available updates -
> it works fine!
> AlanP
>
> "Benzmum" <Benzmum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have Office XP (2002) installed on Vista. Word was working fine until I
> > downloaded a number of recommended Windows Updates. Then it behaved
> > strangely, so I restored my computer to the day before I installed the
> > updates. Now Word is working fine again, but I'm getting an Update message
> > install SP3. I'm skittish about doing so because I don't want Word to
> > start
> > acting up again. Anyone have advice here?

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Word XP and SP3 on Vista
On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 18:57:00 -0800, Benzmum
<Benzmum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Is it Word 2002?

Yes. Word XP and Word 2002 are two names for the same program.

> "AlanP" wrote:
>
> > I have Word XP Installed on Vista with ALL the currently available updates -
> > it works fine!
> > AlanP
> >
> > "Benzmum" <Benzmum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have Office XP (2002) installed on Vista. Word was working fine until I
> > > downloaded a number of recommended Windows Updates. Then it behaved
> > > strangely, so I restored my computer to the day before I installed the
> > > updates. Now Word is working fine again, but I'm getting an Update message
> > > install SP3. I'm skittish about doing so because I don't want Word to
> > > start
> > > acting up again. Anyone have advice here?

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Benzmum

Re: Word XP and SP3 on Vista
When I downloaded the recommended updates, the Find command in Word opened in
slow motion, and so did the Save feature. I also had a ghost frame sitting
off to the side of the Word window. When I uninstalled the Word-specific
updates, these problems went away. I tried uninstalling office XP and
reinstalling it, and then Word worked fine again. But when I updated it, the
same problems recurred. Consequently, I'm nervous about downloading SP3
because I assume it has all these updates incorporated into it.