windows dreamscene error loading

ICQM Houston

windows dreamscene error loading
i installed the Windows DreamScene and each time i boot/restart the system
the monitor is all black with error thjat reads: "error loading Windows
DreamScene".
i have the ZoneAlarm installed - could this be the culprit? i tried disable
the ZoneAlarm so as not to load at startup, no luck. any bettwr workaround on
the issue?

Brink

Re: windows dreamscene error loading

ICQM Houston;586179 Wrote:
> i installed the Windows DreamScene and each time i boot/restart the
> system
> the monitor is all black with error thjat reads: "error loading Windows
> DreamScene".
> i have the ZoneAlarm installed - could this be the culprit? i tried
> disable
> the ZoneAlarm so as not to load at startup, no luck. any bettwr
> workaround on
> the issue?

Hi ICQM Houston,

Something is causing an improper shutdown or changing the color scheme
temporarily that is causing DreamScene to error. Some games can do this
when they come back to the desktop. The Windows Aero color scheme must
also be running for DreamScene to work.

To get DreamScene back try selecting a normal wallpaper. When the
wallpaper is displayed, go back and select the DreamScene again.

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
ICQM Houston

RE: windows dreamscene error loading
follow up:
i updated this Lenovo Laptop display driver (mobile intel 965 express
chipset family) - in the update process i selected the "AUTOMATICALLY RUN
WinSAT AND ENABLE AERO DESKTOP THEME (if supported)..."

and it did resolve the problem = DreamScene now loads at boot up even with
the ZoneAlarm set to run at startup = black screen is gone.

FYI - WinSAT = Windows System Assessment Tool.

another problem is: my desktop uses the ATI X1650 display card (driver
updated) and dream scene doesn't load at sart up - i have to work on the
PERSONALIZE settings each time i re-start / power up the desktop.

ICQM Houston;593670 Wrote:
> follow up:
> i updated this Lenovo Laptop display driver (mobile intel 965 express
> chipset family) - in the update process i selected the "AUTOMATICALLY
> RUN
> WinSAT AND ENABLE AERO DESKTOP THEME (if supported)..."
>
> and it did resolve the problem = DreamScene now loads at boot up even
> with
> the ZoneAlarm set to run at startup = black screen is gone.
>
> FYI - WinSAT = Windows System Assessment Tool.
>
> another problem is: my desktop uses the ATI X1650 display card (driver
> updated) and dream scene doesn't load at sart up - i have to work on
> the
> PERSONALIZE settings each time i re-start / power up the desktop.
>
> "ICQM Houston" wrote:
> > > >
> > > i installed the Windows DreamScene and each time i boot/restart the

> > system
> > > the monitor is all black with error thjat reads: "error loading

> > Windows
> > > DreamScene".
> > > i have the ZoneAlarm installed - could this be the culprit? i tried

> > disable
> > > the ZoneAlarm so as not to load at startup, no luck. any bettwr

> > workaround on
> > > the issue?

ICQM,

I use ATI to, but without the Catalysts Control Center (CCC) installed.
I only install the video driver itself. So far no problems with
DreamScene with this method. Maybe it will be worth a try on yours
without the CCC.

Shawn