Vista freezes

=?Utf-8?B?Um9sbGJhcg==?=

Vista freezes
Message: Two problems.

Vista freezes & Upgrade disk (that came with the lap top) not working.

When I am working w/Vista the program freezes. It freezes when I was fill
out forums etc. I can click on a tab or click to highlight something in the
form & then nothing happens until I switch screens to another windows tab &
switch back , then the tab I clicked on is highlighted or filled out. When
this happens I can't scroll down to continue to fill out forms w/out clicking
back & forth from different windows that were opened.

NOTE: I just went to click to send this mail & I clicked on the "Notify me
on replies" tab @ the bottom & nothing until I clicked to another windows
screen & then I clicked back & it was highlighted all on it's own. Go figure!

I need help, I just purchased this lap top last week (HP Pavilion DV6000
du-core 32 bit, 1024 ram, 120 gig hd, Vista Home premuim) & I am tired of
switching screens just to fill out something.

Thank you,

P.S. I tried to install the upgrade disk that came w/the lap top but it
wouldn't install. (titled-upgrade your windows Vista experience). The disk
stated that during install the lap top might shut off & turn back on, well it
did & I left the disk in the drive & when it rebooted the program wanted to
start all over again. I tried it again but removed the disk & then it
started the regular windows features.

If the disk that came w/the lap top is a upgrade I have to pay for then I do
not need it. I talked to the guy @ Circuit City (first mistake) & he said
the upgrade disk (32bit) is just to upgrade the Vista windows to fix changes.
I don't think so but...............?

=?Utf-8?B?Um9sbGJhcg==?=

RE: Vista freezes
Sorry, it's a DV6226us model.

"Rollbar" wrote:

> Message: Two problems.
>
> Vista freezes & Upgrade disk (that came with the lap top) not working.
>
> When I am working w/Vista the program freezes. It freezes when I was fill
> out forums etc. I can click on a tab or click to highlight something in the
> form & then nothing happens until I switch screens to another windows tab &
> switch back , then the tab I clicked on is highlighted or filled out. When
> this happens I can't scroll down to continue to fill out forms w/out clicking
> back & forth from different windows that were opened.
>
> NOTE: I just went to click to send this mail & I clicked on the "Notify me
> on replies" tab @ the bottom & nothing until I clicked to another windows
> screen & then I clicked back & it was highlighted all on it's own. Go figure!
>
> I need help, I just purchased this lap top last week (HP Pavilion DV6000
> du-core 32 bit, 1024 ram, 120 gig hd, Vista Home premuim) & I am tired of
> switching screens just to fill out something.
>
> Thank you,
>
> P.S. I tried to install the upgrade disk that came w/the lap top but it
> wouldn't install. (titled-upgrade your windows Vista experience). The disk
> stated that during install the lap top might shut off & turn back on, well it
> did & I left the disk in the drive & when it rebooted the program wanted to
> start all over again. I tried it again but removed the disk & then it
> started the regular windows features.
>
> If the disk that came w/the lap top is a upgrade I have to pay for then I do
> not need it. I talked to the guy @ Circuit City (first mistake) & he said
> the upgrade disk (32bit) is just to upgrade the Vista windows to fix changes.
> I don't think so but...............?

Richard G. Harper

Re: Vista freezes
If this laptop is that new, send or take it back for repair or replacement.
What you are seeing is not normal and should not be tolerated in a new
product.

"Rollbar" <Rollbar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Message: Two problems.
>
> Vista freezes & Upgrade disk (that came with the lap top) not working.
>
> When I am working w/Vista the program freezes. It freezes when I was fill
> out forums etc. I can click on a tab or click to highlight something in
> the
> form & then nothing happens until I switch screens to another windows tab
> &
> switch back , then the tab I clicked on is highlighted or filled out.
> When
> this happens I can't scroll down to continue to fill out forms w/out
> clicking
> back & forth from different windows that were opened.
>
> NOTE: I just went to click to send this mail & I clicked on the "Notify me
> on replies" tab @ the bottom & nothing until I clicked to another windows
> screen & then I clicked back & it was highlighted all on it's own. Go
> figure!
>
> I need help, I just purchased this lap top last week (HP Pavilion DV6000
> du-core 32 bit, 1024 ram, 120 gig hd, Vista Home premuim) & I am tired of
> switching screens just to fill out something.
>
> Thank you,
>
> P.S. I tried to install the upgrade disk that came w/the lap top but it
> wouldn't install. (titled-upgrade your windows Vista experience). The
> disk
> stated that during install the lap top might shut off & turn back on, well
> it
> did & I left the disk in the drive & when it rebooted the program wanted
> start all over again. I tried it again but removed the disk & then it
> started the regular windows features.
>
> If the disk that came w/the lap top is a upgrade I have to pay for then I
> do
> not need it. I talked to the guy @ Circuit City (first mistake) & he said
> the upgrade disk (32bit) is just to upgrade the Vista windows to fix
> changes.
> I don't think so but...............?

=?Utf-8?B?Um9sbGJhcg==?=

Re: Vista freezes
Thanks Richard, I rrestored my LT as some files may have been erased by me.
It is working just fine & I have had no problems w/it to date.

Thanks,

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> If this laptop is that new, send or take it back for repair or replacement.
> What you are seeing is not normal and should not be tolerated in a new
> product.

> "Rollbar" <Rollbar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Message: Two problems.
> >
> > Vista freezes & Upgrade disk (that came with the lap top) not working.
> >
> > When I am working w/Vista the program freezes. It freezes when I was fill
> > out forums etc. I can click on a tab or click to highlight something in
> > the
> > form & then nothing happens until I switch screens to another windows tab
> > &
> > switch back , then the tab I clicked on is highlighted or filled out.
> > When
> > this happens I can't scroll down to continue to fill out forms w/out
> > clicking
> > back & forth from different windows that were opened.
> >
> > NOTE: I just went to click to send this mail & I clicked on the "Notify me
> > on replies" tab @ the bottom & nothing until I clicked to another windows
> > screen & then I clicked back & it was highlighted all on it's own. Go
> > figure!
> >
> > I need help, I just purchased this lap top last week (HP Pavilion DV6000
> > du-core 32 bit, 1024 ram, 120 gig hd, Vista Home premuim) & I am tired of
> > switching screens just to fill out something.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > P.S. I tried to install the upgrade disk that came w/the lap top but it
> > wouldn't install. (titled-upgrade your windows Vista experience). The
> > disk
> > stated that during install the lap top might shut off & turn back on, well
> > it
> > did & I left the disk in the drive & when it rebooted the program wanted
> > start all over again. I tried it again but removed the disk & then it
> > started the regular windows features.
> >
> > If the disk that came w/the lap top is a upgrade I have to pay for then I
> > do
> > not need it. I talked to the guy @ Circuit City (first mistake) & he said
> > the upgrade disk (32bit) is just to upgrade the Vista windows to fix
> > changes.
> > I don't think so but...............?

Richard G. Harper

Re: Vista freezes