Windows Explorer Crashes When Trying to Access "My Computer"...

Messiah 7

Windows Explorer Crashes When Trying to Access "My Computer"...
....or my disk drives, and the root directory. When I click on any of those
options, I get that annoying-

"Windows Explorer Has Stoped Working"
With the "Cancel" button, and eventually it restarts WEx. ignoring many of
the TSR tray programs and the remedy to download and install a hot fix
results in an error message informing me that "It does not apply to my
version."

I use Vista Ultimate Signature Edition, and all of the automated fixes,
including 1Care, fail to even find the reason for this issue. I have even
tried running a realtime debugging tool to see when it happens... and it
apparently JUST HAPPENS.
It's ticking me off, and I am about to go POSTAL on Microsoft altogether.

Perhaps a 5 GW EMP set off just outside thier headquarters? Anyone whish to
help find the capaciters that would hold that charge and help me build it, I
know how to make one? (No... really - I am really just kidding, but that
thought has crossed my mind at least once a month since I went Vista).

Please advise.
Thank you in advanced for you assistance,
M-7
Robin Hood

Re: Windows Explorer Crashes When Trying to Access "My Computer"...

I remember having it too ( although ive decided to go back to winxp pro
). Far as i remember the only thing that helped me was a clean install
of Vista
Have you checked for viruses?

--
Robin Hood
BirgerH

Re: Windows Explorer Crashes When Trying to Access "My Computer"..
Hi Messiah 7

I had the same problem with my Premium.
It dosn't appear since I upgraded my RAM (from 512MB to 2,5GB).
In one of the threads; I don't remember the group, someone mentioned Windows
LiveCare as the problem, and I uninstalled that too.
Someother has mentioned elements in Control Panel as the sinner.

Try a seek in the support database (kb-base) "Windows explorer stopped
working" and the same on Google, you must get a lot of knowledge there.

So you got the next week occupied.
--
BirgerH