windows old folder

Gordyt

windows old folder
I have recently upgraded from xp to vista and I have now got a rather large
folder called windows old. Can anyone tell me do I need to keep this flder
with it's contents or can I delete it or should I save it on my external
hardrive which has more than enough room on it
Charlie42

Re: windows old folder
"Gordyt" <Gordyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have recently upgraded from xp to vista and I have now got a rather large
> folder called windows old. Can anyone tell me do I need to keep this flder
> with it's contents or can I delete it or should I save it on my external
> hardrive which has more than enough room on it

The windows.old folder contains your legacy OS, settings and user files. It
can be used for rolling back the OS at a later point. When you are sure
you're going to stick with Vista and have transferred all your personal
files, you can safely delete it. Since you have plenty of spare storage, I
suggest you hang on to it "just in case". It does not have to be kept on the
system drive.

Charlie42

Gordyt

Re: windows old folder
Many thanks for that I will put it on to my external drive and keep it safe.