Download speed

Jerry

Download speed
I am using Windows Vista home premium on a dell 530s with 2.5 g of memory.
My DSL upload speed is 1435 Kbps and my download speed has been a consistant
150-200 Kbps. A couple of days ago this dropped to around 50 kbps for no
apparent reason.

I have not changed anything nor added any programs. All of my anti-virus
programs, malware and spyware detection programs show no problems in that
regard.

It suddenly takes forever to reach any destination on the internet and this
just seemed to happen for no reason.

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Jerry
jerry.nh@verizon.net

***** charles

Re: Download speed
There are dozens of things that affect download speed. However
the download speed "should" be a lot faster that the upload speed
in a consumer account. Have you called your ISP and asked a
few questions?

later....

"Jerry" <jerry.nh@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I am using Windows Vista home premium on a dell 530s with 2.5 g of memory.
>My DSL upload speed is 1435 Kbps and my download speed has been a
>consistent 150-200 Kbps. A couple of days ago this dropped to around 50
>kbps for no apparent reason.
>
> I have not changed anything nor added any programs. All of my anti-virus
> programs, malware and spyware detection programs show no problems in that
> regard.
>
> It suddenly takes forever to reach any destination on the internet and
> this just seemed to happen for no reason.
>
> Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jerry
> jerry.nh@verizon.net

Zebra Code

Re: Download speed

"Jerry" <jerry.nh@verizon.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
>I am using Windows Vista home premium on a dell 530s with 2.5 g of memory.
>My DSL upload speed is 1435 Kbps and my download speed has been a
>consistant 150-200 Kbps. A couple of days ago this dropped to around 50
>kbps for no apparent reason.
>
> I have not changed anything nor added any programs. All of my anti-virus
> programs, malware and spyware detection programs show no problems in that
> regard.
>
> It suddenly takes forever to reach any destination on the internet and
> this just seemed to happen for no reason.
>
> Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jerry
> jerry.nh@verizon.net

first time i see d200/u1400.
inverse, maybe ?
mixing Kb/KB ?
ZC

Jerry

Re: Download speed
Thanks. I solved the problem by re-booting the modem. Verizon was of no
help whatsoever. They checked and found nothing wrong.