Vista registry for Display driver

André Landreau

Vista registry for Display driver
Hi to all,

Still trying to search what triggers the "Vista blak screen" hangups on my laptop.
My registry keys for the graphic driver show the following :

HKLM\System\CurrentControl\Control\GraphicDriver
| (Default) Reg-SZ (value not set)
| Dxgklmversion Reg-Dword 0X0001052 (4178)
|-->HKLM\System\CurrentControl\Control\GraphicDriver\ DCI
| (Default) Reg-SZ (value not set)
| Timeout Reg-Dword 0X0007 (7)
|-->HKLM\System\CurrentControl\Control\GraphicDriver\ UseNewKey
(Default) Reg-SZ (value not set)
May I ask one Vista user to send me what is listed under the same key in his own registry for comparison purpose ? Thanks for helping.

André M. Landreau
amlandreau@wanadoo.fr
Rick Rogers

Re: Vista registry for Display driver
Hi,

My strings are exactly the same as those you've posted, so those are
unlikely to be corrupt. This does not mean that your graphics driver file
isn't corrupt, it also could indicate a non-related conflict in startup
applications that are causing the system to hang at that point.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"André Landreau" <amlandreau@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
Hi to all,

Still trying to search what triggers the "Vista blak screen" hangups on my
laptop.
My registry keys for the graphic driver show the following :

HKLM\System\CurrentControl\Control\GraphicDriver
| (Default) Reg-SZ (value not set)
| Dxgklmversion Reg-Dword 0X0001052 (4178)
|-->HKLM\System\CurrentControl\Control\GraphicDriver\ DCI
| (Default) Reg-SZ (value not set)
| Timeout Reg-Dword 0X0007 (7)
|-->HKLM\System\CurrentControl\Control\GraphicDriver\ UseNewKey
(Default) Reg-SZ (value not set)
May I ask one Vista user to send me what is listed under the same key in his
own registry for comparison purpose ? Thanks for helping.

André M. Landreau
amlandreau@wanadoo.fr

dzomlija

André Landreau;583017 Wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> Still trying to search what triggers the "Vista blak screen" hangups on
> my laptop.
> My registry keys for the graphic driver show the following :
>
> HKLM\System\CurrentControl\Control\GraphicDriver
> | (Default) Reg-SZ (value not set)
> | Dxgklmversion Reg-Dword 0X0001052 (4178)
> |-->HKLM\System\CurrentControl\Control\GraphicDriver\ DCI
> | (Default) Reg-SZ (value not set)
> | Timeout Reg-Dword 0X0007 (7)
> |-->HKLM\System\CurrentControl\Control\GraphicDriver\ UseNewKey
> (Default) Reg-SZ (value not set)
> May I ask one Vista user to send me what is listed under the same key
> in his own registry for comparison purpose ? Thanks for helping.
>
> André M. Landreau
> amlandreau@xxxxxx

Instead of messing about in the registry, you should first download and
install the latest graphics drivers for your laptop. While you're at it,
get the latest drivers for the entire system.

Also check your power management settings.

--
dzomlija

_____________________
Peter Alexander Dzomlija
-Do you hear, huh? The Alpha and The Omega? Death and Rebirth? And as
you die, so shall I be Reborn...-

-Download MP3 Media Properties Explorer: --http://www.phx.co.za-

- ASUS A8N32-SLI-Deluxe
- AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4800+
- 4GB DDR400
- 128MB ASUS nVidia 6600
- Thermaltake Tai-Chi Chassis
- 1207GB Formatted Storage
- Vista Ultimate x64
- CodeGear Delphi 2007See my rig at: http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/e...zomlija/Venus/
André Landreau

Re: Vista registry for Display driver
Hi Rick thanks a lot for your positive reply.
I was suspicious that the Vista Ultimate installation had been sort of
messed up (it was done at the dealer shop prior the laptop delivery). Since
a bad WDDM Timeout and Recovery seams to produce the same behavior as he one
described I wanted to know if my registry timeout setting was in a good
range.
As far as applications are concerned, it happened in a broad variety of
situations that's in very simple text editor, or in Explorer,
or in Word, or in graphic & picture display stuff ......... (with or without
the Vista Dream desktop)
All Vista updates are installed; NVIDIA test site found my drivers OK. (at
least tech. level wise)
My next move will be to do a complete system restoration from end of
November, since from Feb. to Dec. 2007 my system never crashed. Thks again.
Andre Landreau amlandreau@wanadoo.fr
"Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> a écrit dans le message de
> Hi,
>
> My strings are exactly the same as those you've posted, so those are
> unlikely to be corrupt. This does not mean that your graphics driver file
> isn't corrupt, it also could indicate a non-related conflict in startup
> applications that are causing the system to hang at that point.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

André Landreau

Re: Vista registry for Display driver
Please see my reply to Rick above, he provided me an info that prevent me to
further "mess about"

André Landreau;584481 Wrote:
> Please see my reply to Rick above, he provided me an info that prevent
> me to
> further "mess about"
>

> "dzomlija" <dzomlija.33n0d1@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net> a écrit dans le
> message de
> news:dzomlija.33n0d1@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net...> > >
> > > Instead of messing about in the registry, you should first download

> > and
> > > install the latest graphics drivers for your laptop. While you're at

> > it,
> > > get the latest drivers for the entire system.
> > >
> > > Also check your power management settings. > >

Great. At least it would appear as if your problem is solved. Sometimes
though, posts get "crossed". I replied to yours before I saw Ricks
reply. These things happen, I suppose...

--
dzomlija

_____________________
Peter Alexander Dzomlija
-Do you hear, huh? The Alpha and The Omega? Death and Rebirth? And as
you die, so shall I be Reborn...-

-Download MP3 Media Properties Explorer: --http://www.phx.co.za-

- ASUS A8N32-SLI-Deluxe
- AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4800+
- 4GB DDR400
- 128MB ASUS nVidia 6600
- Thermaltake Tai-Chi Chassis
- 1207GB Formatted Storage
- Vista Ultimate x64
- CodeGear Delphi 2007See my rig at: http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/e...zomlija/Venus/
Phillips

Re: Vista registry for Display driver
Mine is identical to yours... no reason to post it.
Black screens might be caused by lack of power, electrical interferences,
slow system... goes forever.
Anything in Event Viewer logs?

Michael
"André Landreau" <amlandreau@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
Hi to all,

Still trying to search what triggers the "Vista blak screen" hangups on my
laptop.
My registry keys for the graphic driver show the following :

HKLM\System\CurrentControl\Control\GraphicDriver
| (Default) Reg-SZ (value not set)
| Dxgklmversion Reg-Dword 0X0001052 (4178)
|-->HKLM\System\CurrentControl\Control\GraphicDriver\ DCI
| (Default) Reg-SZ (value not set)
| Timeout Reg-Dword 0X0007 (7)
|-->HKLM\System\CurrentControl\Control\GraphicDriver\ UseNewKey
(Default) Reg-SZ (value not set)
May I ask one Vista user to send me what is listed under the same key in his
own registry for comparison purpose ? Thanks for helping.

André M. Landreau
amlandreau@wanadoo.fr

Bob

Re: Vista registry for Display driver
Could be a sleep mode related issue.
See if this helps.

Go to Change Advanced Power Settings.

Set hard drive to turn off a minute or 2 before sleep.

Set Hybrid and Hibernate modes to "Off"

Under USB settings select "Disable"

Under Multimedia select "Allow ....."