Suddenly need to press touch pad numerous times

Cher (BIRDWISE)

Suddenly need to press touch pad numerous times

Hi,
I'm new to the forums and am very happy to have found you!
Suddenly I have to press the touch pad several times before it
performs the command I want it to. Is there something as far as
maintenance etc taht I might do to rectify this. It's actually my vista
32 bit Ultimate and it's not a year old yet.
Any advice would be appreciated. Cher

--
Cher (BIRDWISE)

Cher Angelo; MLS,HS,ASCP, cert grp fac, & C.A.S., cert ornithology
Health Educator, Writer, Nature Photographer
BIRDIWISE Avian Care Advice-MA Chronic Pain Mngmnt. Progs. - MA

Rick Rogers

Re: Suddenly need to press touch pad numerous times
Hi Cher,

Two things I can think of that might cause that:

a) The touchpad driver files are having problems. Reinstalling or updating
them may help. Check with the system manufacturer for availability of a set
to download, even if it's the same version as is currently installed.

b) Malware in the form of spyware or adware is active in the background and
interfering with the system's response time. Running a tool like Adaware
from lavasoft will help identify and eradicate anything there.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Cher (BIRDWISE)" <Cher.BIRDWISE.33mmh5@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Hi,
> I'm new to the forums and am very happy to have found you!
> Suddenly I have to press the touch pad several times before it
> performs the command I want it to. Is there something as far as
> maintenance etc taht I might do to rectify this. It's actually my vista
> 32 bit Ultimate and it's not a year old yet.
> Any advice would be appreciated. Cher
>

> --
> Cher (BIRDWISE)
>
> Cher Angelo; MLS,HS,ASCP, cert grp fac, & C.A.S., cert ornithology
> Health Educator, Writer, Nature Photographer
> BIRDIWISE Avian Care Advice-MA Chronic Pain Mngmnt. Progs. - MA

Cher (BIRDWISE)

Re: Suddenly need to press touch pad numerous times

Hi RIck!
Thanks so much for responding. I don't think it's malware, although I
thought of it too. I think the driver might be the issue. I was thining
along that line but just wasn't sure. I'll do a reinstall.
Now that I think of it there was an update for the touchpad frm HP. I
downloaded that along with many others but that was another post because
they went to a place that is not C drive Prog Files and didn't recognize
me as Administrator...another post both of them at differentn forums. I
am working with HP trying to figure this out but I think after an entire
week of emailing them back and forth you guys are going to be the ones
to help detremine the answer/s.
So I really need to get that installed and find out where it is
ssuppose to be and whether it is operable r executable from its current
location; I think it's in CHER documents...weird. It's both the 64 and
32 bit that do it> I am off topic, so will say thank you! Cher