cant open .exe files

automan2

cant open .exe files
can anyone help
CB

RE: cant open .exe files

"automan2" wrote:

> can anyone help

automan2,

I went to my search bar and typed "can't open .exe files". It returned
4,810,000 results. I didn't even bother using Microsoft or Windows websites
to look for an answer, which probably would have been better than just typing
my query in a standard search bar. It's absolutely amazing what you can find
if you go to various Microsoft websites and use the embedded Microsoft search
bar when looking for solutions. Surely one of these entries will answer your
question. Personally, I would spend appx. eight to ten hours, probably more,
searching for an answer to my problem before I even considered asking someone
else. But then again, that's me.

I am not trying to castigate you or belittle you but I just don't
understand why so many people submit their questions to these forums when the
answers are readily available if you just take the time to search for them.
The knowledge you gain by searching for yourself and learning as a result of
your own actions will take you much farther than relying on someone else to
do your work for you.

Many of the contributors to these forums have a regular job, either
daytime hours or nightime hours. They provide you with assistance on a
strictly voluntary basis during their off-work hours. They have better things
to do than to help someone who has not put forth any effort in solving their
own problems. They will gladly help you if you have exhausted all efforts in
solving your problem and still can't find your answer. These volunteers
gained their knowledge by searching for it, studying it and then expanding
it. The same is expected of you and others. I just wish I had 10% of the
knowledge some of these MVPs and others possess regarding software, hardware
and general system operability. I read in excess of 10 to 12 forums each and
every day for one purpose; to glean the knowledge of others so that I may be
better prepared and more knowledgeable about my own systems. I save their
answers and the articles and websites I am directed to for future reference.
True, I leaned upon others to get my information but I did not waste their
valuable time by asking them something I am fully capable of discerning by
myself, with a little effort.

Please accept my apologies if I have offended you. I speak very bluntly
when the need arises, such as now. I hope you solve your problem. I hope you
solve it yourself. By solving the problem yourself you lose nothing and gain
self-reliance and self-respect.

Have a nice day.

C.B.
Rick Rogers

Re: cant open .exe files
Hi,

All of them or just specific ones?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"automan2" <automan2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can anyone help

wizardcia

Re: cant open .exe files

I have about the same problem only where mine can open some specific
files, such as Nik Software Color Efex Pro, and i try to find some
answers on the web.
Anyway.... what i can suggest is to run a registry scan or got to:
start, and type where it says search "sfc /scannow". If that wont work
my next step would be to run in safe mode to check my installations,
otherwise....reformating.

--
wizardcia

Dont hate the HACKER, Hate the CODE